Admissions/Academic Advisor - Online Programs - Olin Business School
The Academic Advising & Student Affairs Advisor for online programs is an integral member of the graduate team. Serves as an academic advisor for online master’s degree candidates and works with Olin and university students and student organizations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as an academic advisor and subject matter expert to approximately 180 part-time online degree candidates.
- Serve as a functional area liaison, work with area faculty, become an area expert, consult as needed on course sequencing and major revisions.
- General academic, program, and university support, including leading in program priority areas and initiatives and maintaining external relationships for existing programs.
- Meet with prospective students and represent the program by presenting to audiences and serving on limited university-wide initiatives.
To view the full job description, and to apply, please go to https://jobs.wustl.edu/ and search for job opening number 50293.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three years of work experience in higher education setting or related role.
- Master’s degree in higher education, business, or in a related field.
- Experience with advising, mentoring and working with professionals with five to seven years of experience.
- Demonstrated success in academic advising and designing engagement opportunities for remote learners.
- Commitment to designing and delivering excellent academic and student services.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
The hiring range for this position is $44,986 - $57,369 annually.
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week. Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as necessary.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is for the Business School-MBA Programs. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.