Manager of Content Strategy, Marketing & Communications
The Division of Marketing & Communications (MarComm) speaks with a unified, authentic and resonant voice to strategically advance the University of Denver's brand with four goals in mind:
The Manager of Content Strategy will bridge gaps between strategy and development, working to develop efficient and logical approaches to producing effective content that raises the overall reputation and brand recognition of the University of Denver. The Content Strategist will develop and maintain a process methodology to support content development that engages and excites stakeholders while taking full advantage of MarComm talent and automation.
- Lead the development and execution of clear content strategy frameworks with deliverables across the life cycle of a project, including a comprehensive content/editorial calendar inclusive of unit/division needs and with all content requirements and University objectives in mind.
- Create and maintain an editorial plan and calendar across several channels including but not limited to email, social media, advertising/underwriting.
- Ensure consistent brand and user experience across multiple content distribution channels by collaborating with MarComm creative and communications staff - Gain editorial consensus by presenting ideas in a clear voice with a strong point-of-view that aligns with brand and University objectives.
- Develop lightweight, repeatable processes, workflows, and content templates that keep the team nimble and successful in a culture that values moving fast and iterating quickly including creating a comprehensive email strategy for internal DU communication that builds and nurtures our audience segments and continuously improves in common analysis data points including open rate and click through rate.
- Participate in content creation with team members including layout and delivery of DUs internal newsletter called, The Bridge, issue department and University emails, and build and debug email templates, usingHTMLandCSSas needed.
- Support the content development and communications roll-out of the MarComm Student Fellowship Program.
- Manage a small team of content creators comprised mostly of University of Denver students through the MarComm Student Fellowship Program.
- Provide guidance and feedback to team members to increase their impact, develop their strengths, and meet ongoing content needs.
- This role will also support the Sr. Director for Communications and Issues Management by staying attuned to external news events and trends related to higher education, research, and innovation/entrepreneurship and by leveraging information for content opportunities as well as tracking and addressing issues that could pose a reputational risk to the University; support crisis communication efforts as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5 years of experience in a content strategy and content creation role.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on April 9, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 13.
The salary range for this position is $85,000 - $95,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.