Social Media Specialist, Marketing & Communications
The Social Media Specialist will work under the supervision of the Manager, Content Strategy and will create content that meets the goals and specifications of DU's content and social media social media strategy for the University on both existing and emerging social media platforms. The Social media specialist will also ensure that the content publishing and distribution calendar is managed and up to date to align with the overall content strategy. The Social Media Specialist will ensure that social media content and engagement/responses are thoughtfully defined and planned in the best interest of the university. It is anticipated that these sound decisions are both made independently and/or under minimal supervision, and in critical circumstances made through collaboration with other stakeholders. The Social Media Specialist will often need to anticipate the needs of the project/department, often managing multiple projects simultaneously, and show proactive leadership in planning to meet specified goals and deadlines. The Social Media Specialist will need to be adept at integrating other aspects of the University to social media and understand how social media fits into an integrated marketing and communications plan.
- Create and publish all content on social media platforms for the University of Denver Marketing & Communications office.
- Manage audience engagement on the University's major social media platforms.
- Maintain a content calendar for DUs social media campaigns ensuring collaboration across many teams both in Marketing & Communications and the rest of the University to create and share strategically relevant, branded, content that aligns with broader integrated marketing strategies.
- Act as the communication conduit between MarComm and other units on campus regarding social media updates and campaigns, and stays well informed and connected with managers of other social media sites within the University.
- Test and learn new platforms/channels that strategically align with our target audiences.
- Create partnerships externally to leverage the University's social media footprint.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on the creation of social media-specific videos and graphics to support planned content, including but not limited to, collaborating with the University's producer to post videos to University's YouTube account and strategically maximize YouTube video posts.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to offer social media support for all areas of MarComm, and for the broader University.
- Lead periodic social media training for university-wide social media managers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2-5 years of experience in social media content creation/management.
- Multi-lingual ability.
- Experience with data analytics.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with client relations.
- Experience with social media publishing tools.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on April 9, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 9.
The salary range for this position is $52,000 - $60,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.