Student Success Coach
The Student Success Coach (SSC) supports and guides the development of online graduate students with the goal of supporting their academic goals and persistence and for increasing institutional retention rates. The Success Coach achieves defined objectives by implementing and maintaining services in compliance with established guidelines; proactively fostering effective relationships and individualized mentoring to help students achieve their potential; and by serving as a member of the Student Success team.
The Student Success Coach is actively engaged with students through 1:1 meetings, wellness checks, and by creating educational content around time management, study skills, and career planning. Multiple positions are available. The coaches will be supporting MBA and business students, Computer Science/Data Science, Physical Therapy and Public Health students. The successful candidate must have a Masters degree, preferably in higher education. However, highly qualified candidates with a Masters degree in the disciplines outlined above will be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• The Success Coach must have a flexible schedule and be available during office hours and willing to work some evening and weekend hours, to best meet student needs and availability.
• Collaborates with students to identify barriers, determine solutions, and leverage resources by encouraging students to take an active role in their learning.
• Follows defined plan for collaborating with on-campus departments to assure that students receive support related to financial aid, academic advising, general student support services and other campus resources.
• Collaborates with partner institutions to assure students receive support they need related to financial aid, academic advising, general student services, and other campus resources.
• Participates in new student orientation sessions.
• Leverages data analytics to proactively support students who may be displaying at risk factors.
• Compiles data from a wide variety of sources for the purpose of analyzing issues, ensuring compliance with organization policies and procedures, and/or monitoring program components.
• Develops personal and collaborative relationships with students by maintaining regular contact with the use of multiple communication platforms
• Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure efficient and effective functioning of the Student Success team.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, staff, and students
• Do problem solving, analyzing issues, and creating action plans that fall within the scope of the role and established guidelines
• Work independently under broad organizational policies
• Utilize resources as required to perform daily expectations of serving students
• Build relationships quickly through phone, email, texting and Zoom tools
• Work well under pressure by setting priorities, adapting quickly to changing work priorities, and meeting deadlines
• Communicate with diverse groups and individuals
• Communicate effectively with emphasis on active listening and constructive support
• Be self-motivated, enthusiastic, personable, assertive, dependable, and able to work independently and as a member of a team
• Work through a virtual work environment
Minimum qualifications – Education and Professional Experience
• Master’s degree in education or related concentration, from a regionally accredited institution.
• 1-3 years working with students, preferably in a higher education institution providing 1:1 and group student support
• Working knowledge of federal regulations such as Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
• Knowledge of graduate students and graduate student experience
• Ability to recognize, understand, and address risk factors that impact students from achieving their academic goals, and to provide high level reports during team meetings
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, G Suite cloud computing; LMS, SIS, and CRM platforms
• A commitment to diversity, gender equity, inclusion, and social justice
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with diverse constituents and to provide high quality support and customer service to students
• Experience working with students in social work, business, technology or education (K-12 or education policy setting) academic disciplines
• Understanding of counseling/student development theories and ability to apply theory in practice with students
• General knowledge of enrollment management and retention best practices, and the ability to apply them to an adult learning environment
• Experience working with online learners
• Quick learner with regard to technology
• Professional experience with problem solving and conflict resolution
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
Apply by providing a letter of interest and current resume that includes at least three professional references. Only complete applications will be considered.
About Stay in the Game
Stay In The Game is working to solve an important social need to see educated and motivated women more adequately represented in the corporate world. By offering flexible and remote work options, women with extensive experience and advanced degrees no longer have to struggle to re-enter the workforce because of employment gaps on resumes. Stay In The Game’s strategic objective is to employ, empower and support women who have been out of the workforce.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
Apply for Student Success Coach
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly