Financial Wellness Center Support Specialist, Financial Aid, 32007
Location: UMKC Volker Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 35874
Office of Financial AidJob Description The Financial Wellness Center’s mission is to improve financial literacy within the UMKC community by providing comprehensive, unbiased, and practical financial education. This mission is supported by workshops, presentations, and one-on-one financial counseling.The successful applicant will help develop the Financial Wellness Center and work proactively to support students as they make informed financial choices to reach their goals. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing counseling to students on financial topics like budgeting, credit, and student loan debt.Helping coordinate, promote, and host events for the Financial Wellness Center.Providing administrative and clerical support for the Financial Wellness Center. These duties may include calendar management, scheduling appointments, and editing correspondence.Being the initial point of contact for the Financial Wellness Center. Greeting visitors, providing phone coverage, and processing/routing mail and email.Providing general support for office functioning including overseeing and ordering office supplies and maintaining office equipment.Collaborating on content development and proof-reading presentations, website pages, and additional resources.Ensuring that the office website, worksheets, and forms are up to dateCoordinating and maintaining the collection and recording of office data and student measures.Preparing reports to be submitted to supervisors of the department and academic leadershipParticipating in professional development opportunities related to financial education and counseling.
A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessaryPreferred Qualifications
- Customer-service focused and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about and interested in personal finance and financial education.
- Skilled in developing, communicating, and presenting new information to a diverse audience, both in one-on-one and group settings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including skills in Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Full-time, benefits eligibleSalary
$15.29 - $16.24 / hrApplication Deadline
April 11, 2021Application Instructions
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (800) 488-5288.Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
UMKC values diversity as central to its mission as an urban-serving research university and as a driver of excellence in teaching and learning. UMKC embraces a broad spectrum of diversities, including race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, linguistic ability, learning style, religion, socioeconomic and veteran status, life experiences, educational level and family structure. For more information on our diversity mission, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion website: http://info.umkc.edu/diversity/
UMKC is the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in the Kansas City area. Our students come from all 50 states and over 85 countries, enriching our community with diverse perspectives. With more than 125 academic areas, our students have a lot of opportunities to explore on their way to discovering and creating their perfect career. We are at the heart of a thriving urban area where the city’s life and energy influence everything that happens here. We are Kansas City’s university and we can’t wait for you to join us! Find out more about UMKC in the About UMKC section of our website.
Details about UMKC’s community and the benefits of being an employee can be found on our careers page.