Assistant Director, Foundation & Alumni Relations
The Assistant Director, Foundation and Alumni Relations supports the college's mission and strategic initiatives under the direction of the Director of Foundation, performs a variety of administrative and advanced clerical duties to assist in planning, organizing, and implementation of activities for Foundation, Scholarships, and Alumni events. This position requires direct contact with students and College Alumni.
Examples of Duties:
- Assists in the coordination and facilitation of annual events, both on and off-campus, including booking of event space, compilation and management of guest lists, arranges food and beverage and other catering service’s needs, orders supplies & audiovisual equipment, makes travel arrangements, orders event signs and ensure appropriate décor (i.e. floral, linens, color schemes); post event tear-down.
- Manages and maintains multiple databases regarding confidential student and financial information to ensure accurate record keeping and financial knowledge of RCSJ students.
- Plans and executes the annual President’s Scholarship Reception including script, invitations, program flow, and event logistics.
- Works closely with the Director on matters related to scholarship finances including gift receipts, billing, etc.
- Serves as the liaison to the RCSJ Cumberland Alumni Association, coordinating and attending all Alumni meetings and events.
- Coordinates Distinguished Alumni Gallery nomination and induction processes.
- Works with Communications & Marketing Department to develop invitations, programs, publications, and press releases related to Foundation/Alumni activities.
- Manages the Alumni Association social media and assists Communications & Marketing Department with the upkeep of appropriate webpages.
- Work closely with Enrollment Services and Institutional Research departments to identify alumni, obtain and maintain current contact information for Alumni, and survey Alumni periodically.
- Acts as scholarship liaison to multiple departments including Bursar, Financial Aid, Finance, etc.
- Assists current and potential RCSJ students, as well as high school contacts, with scholarship inquiries.
- Works with the Director, Foundation & Alumni to establish new and broader donations with potential and current donors; assists with post gift stewardship activities.
- Assists with School Counts! Scholarship program activities and tasks.
- Attends events on and off-campus, including during the weekends and evenings.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advancement/Business/Fundraising/Marketing or a related field.
- Five (5) years of related event planning and/or foundation experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with database management
- Working knowledge of Social Media to enhance the department’s communications and marketing strategies
- Self-starter with the ability to come up with new ideas to keep the college, donors and community engaged in raising money for student scholarships.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with varied hours to meet department and College needs
- Possess the ability to work well and communicate effectively with prospective and current students, staff, faculty, administration, and colleagues and community partners
- Demonstrated cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff and a commitment to a student-centered environment