Posting Number: :
0000173Job Title: :
Adjunct - Biology InstructorPS Position#: :
0000747Position Status: :
$48.96/hour for lecture and $32.63/hour for labClassification: :
Math, Engineering & SciencesJob Summary/Basic Function: :
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on an as needed basis. These positions are filled prior to or during the start of each semester and are contingent upon the needs of the College.
Lee College accepts application materials for adjunct employment on a continuing basis throughout the year from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis.
Academic departments will contact potential applicants when there are available openings.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshman and sophomore level Biology courses.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, summer, online, hybrid, dual enrollment, and/or weekend classes.
- Provide at least one scheduled office hour per week for each three-credit course in a regular 16-week semester or two scheduled office hours per week in an 8-week term. Office hours can in in-person, by telephone, or via Blackboard Collaborate. You must be available for live conversation during scheduled office hours.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. This is a security sensitive position.Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
ssional Administrative TechnologyMinimum Qualifications: :
Qualified candidates must have a Master’s (or higher) degree in Biology or a Master’s (or higher) degree with 18 graduate hours in the teaching field. All degrees must be from an accredited college.Preferred Qualifications: :
- Prior online teaching experience and certification
- Blackboard Learning Management System experience
Main Campus - Baytown, TXPosting Date::
04/24/2020Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants::
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on page five (5) of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.