Faculty Full TimeBenefit Status:
Mathematical SciencesApplications Open:
Mar 19 2021 Applications Close:
Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Mathematical Sciences Department at the University of Massachusetts Lowell invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Teaching Professor. The position can start as early as Sept 1, 2021. Primary responsibilities are to provide high quality teaching and service to the department. This position is renewable annually, potentially leading to an appointment as Associate Teaching Professor following six consecutive years of outstanding performance evaluations.
Responsibilities will consist primarily of teaching existing courses at the undergraduate level. Service may include advising undergraduate students, course and curriculum development, learning outcomes assessment, and outreach activities. The successful candidate will have a history of demonstrated excellence and innovation in Math pedagogy at undergraduate levels.
Examples of courses that candidates are expected to teach can be found at:
The University of Massachusetts Lowell, located about 25 miles northwest of Boston in the high-tech corridor of Massachusetts, is a tier-1 public research university. UMass Lowell is committed to educating students for lifelong success in a diverse world, and to conducting research and outreach activities that sustain the economic, environmental, and social health of the region. We seek a diverse talented candidate pool to be part of our mission and achievements.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- An earned doctorate in Mathematics followed by 2 years teaching experience in Mathematics at the college or university level; or, Master’s Degree in Mathematics followed by 5 years teaching experience in Mathematics at the college or university level.
- Demonstrated success in improving outcomes for students from underrepresented groups; expertise with active learning, flipped classrooms, and practices that support educational equity
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin on May 15, 2021 and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter
- Teaching Statement/Philosophy
- Names and contact information for three references will be required at the time of application. References will be contacted for a letter of reference immediately after application submission. References will be required to upload recommendation letters to our on-line portal; neither emailed nor hard-copy letters will be accepted. *Three letters of reference are required. Reference letters should be received by May 15, 2021 for full consideration of your application.
- Teaching Evaluations
- Teaching Sample (should include classroom material)