Facilities Services Representative
Job location: Smith College
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-19
Facilities ManagementJob Description
Provide superior customer service to the Facilities Management (FM) department and to the campus community.
Take appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participate in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Process Work Orders (40%):
• Process all incoming work orders using the existing Facilities Management CMMS system. This includes reviewing requests for accuracy and completeness of information, following up with the customer if more information is needed, routing the requests to the appropriate trade and closing work orders after the work has been completed.
• Assist with entering asset info, creating task lists and creating preventive maintenance schedules in database as directed.
Answer and Dispatch Calls (25%)
• Answer main Facilities phone line, directing calls to appropriate personnel and notifying management in the event of an emergency.
• Greet and direct all department visitors, issuing contractor parking passes if needed.
• Sort and distribute departmental mail.
• Order and keep office equipment/supplies inventory.
Process Vehicle Requests (10%)
• Process and schedule all incoming vehicle requests including scheduling the vehicle and driver on a first come first served basis.
• Oversee and verify credentialing of drivers.
• Complete all accident reporting including submitting work orders for repairs.
• Keep vehicle asset inventory accurate and up to date with any vehicle changes.
• Prepare appropriate billing reports for fleet usage as directed.
Prepare Reports/Data Entry (10%)
• 10% Perform accurate and timely data entry as required. Prepare reports, graphs and other information as requested by management.
•Assign, program and distribute pagers and two-way radios as required, keeping accurate records and working within the allocated budget. Keep accurate and up-to-date key-box inventory.
•Provide backup to and assist other facilities services staff as assigned including inventory services and mail services. Type of work could include but is not limited to sorting mail, scanning packages, loading lockers, ordering inventory and data entry.
•Perform other related duties as assigned.
When requested, you may be asked to work OT to support after-hour and weekend shift coverage to support major campus events.
All employees are expected to participate in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Minimum Qualifications (knowledge, skills, education, experience, certifications, licenses)
High school diploma or equivalent and one to three years of experience with CMMS or similar program preferred or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Familiarity with maintenance and construction related environment desirable.
Excellent communication (oral and written) and customer service skills. Ability to take initiative and solve problems; attention to detail; ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively. Ability to create and maintain accurate and detailed records; type accurately and efficiently; and proofread own and others’ work. Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Access and Excel. Familiarity with Teamworks and Workday preferred.Please attach BOTH a current resume and a cover letter in order for your application to be considered for this position . You may combine your resume and cover letter into a single file or attach multiple files to your application, but BE SURE you have provided all attachments BEFORE SUBMITTING your application. You will NOT be able to attach additional files after you have hit the Submit button.
Review of applications will beginMarch 26, 2021Compensation Grade:Grade OPosition Type:RegularAbout Smith CollegeLocated in Northampton, MA, Smith College is one of the largest women’s colleges in the country and is dedicated to excellence in teaching and research across the liberal arts. A faculty of outstanding scholars interact with students in small classes, as advisors, and through student-faculty research projects. The College is a member of the Five College Consortium with Amherst, Hampshire and Mt. Holyoke Colleges, and the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Students cross-enroll and faculty cross-teach across the Five Colleges. Smith College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or veteran status in the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of any of its programs and activities, as specified by all applicable laws and regulations. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.