Director of Sponsored Programs
Posting Date: March 23, 2021 Posting End Date: Until Filled
Position: Director of Sponsored Programs Location: Division of Research and Graduate Studies
Status: Full-Time; Exempt
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University demonstrating “Excellence in Every Way,” the ideal Director of Sponsored Programs will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Report directly to the Vice President for Research and be responsible for the efficient operation of the Pre-Award services including establishing operating procedures for the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP).
- Train staff of the OSP in the use of federal systems such as FASTLANE and Grant.Gov.
- Keep abreast of current and proposed federal and state regulations as the affect management of grants.
- Conduct training sessions for faculty, staff, and administrators
- Render technical assistance and guidance to faculty in the preparation and submission of proposals to funding agencies.
- Review funding applications to ensure accuracy, adherence to agency requirements and compliance with submission requirements
- Be responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of OSP reports
- Monitor technical reporting requirements as indicated by sponsoring organizations
- Confer with the Principal Investigators on problems related to the implementation of grants
- Serve as liaison with Post-Award staff
- Assist the Vice President for Research in the preparation of the Annual Reports of Research and Sponsored Programs.
- A master’s degree in business, computer Science, mathematics, or any other related field
- 5-10 years of experience, preferably in a research environment
- Administrative experience in higher education environment
- Knowledge of government funding agency regulations and compliance issues
Commensurate with education, training, and experience
This job description is not all-inclusive as it related to the prescribed functions, duties, skills, knowledge and experience to do the job. Incumbent may be required to attend training, and perform other duties as assigned.
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Human Resources Department
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of
employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.