Posting Date: April 19 Posting End Date: June 19, 2021
Position: Admissions Counselor/Recruiter Department: Office of Admissions and Recruitment
Status: Full-Time: Exempt (4 Position)
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University demonstrating “Excellence in Every Way”, the ideal Admissions Counselor/Recruiter will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
The Admission Counselor is responsible for assisting with the development of and implementation of the University’s student recruitment and admission trategy. The Admission Counselor identifies prospective students, provides follow-up, reviews admission applications and other admission documents, and admits eligible students in accordance with University policies and procedure.
- Providing initial contact with admission applicants
- Providing input into the development and implementation of the University’s student recruitment strategy
- Developing and maintaining contacts with high school counselors, alumni, and other constituents who may assist with recruitment
- Providing technical/clerical support for the implementation of applicant contact and follow-up system
- Assisting in the development and implementation of the recruiting schedule
- Developing and accomplishing annual recruitment objectives
- Counseling applicants regarding admission requirements and the admission process and procedures
- Assisting in the review of all applications for admission and admitting eligible applicants
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Effectively and efficiently work in a team capacity with a broad range of staff to accomplish departmental and program goals
- Knowledge of computer and other related equipment such as MS Office Suite
- Strong writing, communication and computer skills
- Must be a team player and have a winning attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business, or related field
- Proven record of working collaboratively with staff and internal and external customers
Commensurate with education, training and experienceAdditional Position Information:
- This position require weekend and after work hours’ job responsibilities?You will be required to travel?
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.
Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.