Adjunct Faculty - Math Division
The Math Division is actively recruiting adjunct faculty for the Aravaipa Campus in Winkelman, AZ and the Maricopa Campus in Maricopa, AZ for the Fall 2021 semester.
Responsible for teaching courses in accordance with the philosophy, vision, mission, policies, and procedures of the college.
Adjunct Faculty are responsible for teaching courses in accordance with the philosophy, vision, mission, policies, and procedures of the college.
- Teach assigned classes in accordance with college policy and in a variety of potential modalities (e.g., face-to-face, online, hybrid, live streaming, Weekend College, accelerated, evening or late start classes).
- Provide and present information, content, and context through lecture, laboratory, and/or other learning venues utilizing a variety of teaching/learning styles as appropriate to the course content.
- Employ a variety of assessment tools; evaluate grades and comment on student work in a timely fashion in order to facilitate and ensure student progress throughout the course.
- Communicate with students as appropriate. This may include email, online discussions, virtual chats within the Learning Management System, instant messaging (IM), telephone and/or face-to-face consultations to provide frequent feedback. Refer students to appropriate college and community services when needed.
- Communicate to students when and how they will be available to assist students outside of scheduled class time.
- Maintain records of student progress and performance; complete and return required reports to the appropriate office by established due date.
- Develop, prepare and evaluate instructional materials, as required by chair or director.
- Write and develop syllabi and course calendars, in accordance with college policy.
- Review and update course outlines and syllabi, and provide input on text selection when appropriate, in cooperation with other faculty and appropriate division chair or program director as necessary.
- Collaborate with division chair, program director, other faculty and other programs to review and maintain the integrity of the curriculum within established college timelines or more frequently if necessary.
- Assist in recruitment and retention of students through the development and implementation of teaching and learning strategies primarily in the instructional setting.
College/Community Service and Shared Governance:
- Recognize the goals and mission of the college to maintain a positive professional and educational environment that promotes student success and enhances community relations.
- Are invited to attend and participate in professional development activities.
- Cultivate development of instructional programs and knowledge of trends, pedagogy, andragogy, and new technologies.
- Participate in the evaluation process as defined by Policies and Procedures.
- Master's degree in mathematics or a subfield of mathematics or a Master's degree in any field with 18 graduate credits in mathematics or a subfield of mathematics from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
EXPERIENCE: Varies by discipline and by specialized accreditation agency
The rate of pay for Adjunct Faculty for the 2020-2021 Academic Year is $736.00 per credit hour.
Please note: Your application materials will remain in the part-time pool for as long as the pool is open. This does not imply application for a full-time teaching position. If a full-time position becomes available, you must submit new materials for the advertised position.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Be current in subject area and possess the ability to develop, prepare, and evaluate instructional materials that promote learning, along with the willingness to utilize alternative teaching techniques and instructional technology where appropriate.