Clinical Assistant Professor
Job no: 495495
Work type: Faculty
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Engineering and Architect
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Boise State is seeking a Clinical Assistant Professor to manage the microprocessors course and associated labs as well as assisting with upper-division electives in computer engineering. Apply today!Job Summary/Basic Function:
Clinical Faculty play a critical role in the professional curricula. They support the University’s mission of providing student-centered, quality education and are committed to the success of our students and the university. This primarily involves teaching effectiveness in a clinical setting and engaging in professionally related community service. This may also include professional development, research and scholarly/creative activities if assigned, institutional service, professional service, student advising and involvement, and supervisory responsibilities as assigned.Level Scope:
A Clinical Instructor is a member of the ranked faculty who holds appropriate or required licenses/certifications, if expected, but may not have a terminal degree; has demonstrated achievement in the areas of clinical instruction; research, scholarship, or creative activities (if expected); institutional and professional service appropriate to the discipline; and is eligible for promotion but not tenure.Essential Functions:
The major responsibility of the clinical faculty involves teaching students in both academic and clinical settings, supervising clinical experiences, and engaging in professionally related community service.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
In accordance with discipline and departmental standards and expectations
- Demonstrated advanced level of oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet required attendance and submission deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to create, articulate, and assess course learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in creating course materials (syllabus, handouts, presentations, etc.) which enhance student interest and engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage effective grading rubrics for consistent and uniform grading results.
- Demonstrated ability to assess student educational goals and to create graduation plans based on those goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage effective, friendly, and civil working relationships with staff, faculty, students, alumni, guests, and others at the university.
- Demonstrated problem solving and abstract thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work while working independently.
- Demonstrated ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
A terminal degree appropriate for the field is desired for Clinical Faculty members, but it is not required for the Clinical Instructor position. Clinical Faculty members must hold appropriate certification/licensure/registration in their disciplines.Preferred Qualifications:
- Masters degree in Computer Engineering or similar discipline
- >5 years of industry experience
- Some teaching experience
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Please attach the following documents to your application:
- Letter of application
- Teaching Philosophy
The application process includes providing contact information for 3 professional references.
Advertised: March 23, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: April 25, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time