ATSU - Assistant Director Student Financial Aid-Enrollment Services
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is seeking an Assistant Director Student Financial Aid-Enrollment Services on the Kirksville, Missouri, campus. This position reports to the Director of Student Financial Aid - Enrollment Services and provides support to enrollment services by assisting the Director of Student Financial Aid with ensuring ATSU compliance for Title IV.
Major Job Duties
- Participate as an auditor of the Enrollment Services – Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) committee and assist the Director Student Financial Aid with management of the SAP process.
- Be responsible for Direct Loan reconciliation, aid transfer, and returns to lender.
- Manage day-to-day operations carried out by coordinators surrounding the financial aid awarding process which requires an individual who is highly detail oriented.
- Work with the Director Student Financial Aid to interpret federal financial aid policies, regulatory changes, and processes.
- Manage process for students selected for verification.
- Manage Federal Work-Study program and coordinate with Human Resources/Payroll.
- Manage and oversee the daily transmissions of files to and from the Federal Department of Education (receipt of ISIRs,
origination of loans, and disbursement of Title IV funds).
- Provide support for University data requests and data analysis.
- Assist with hiring, training, and evaluating employees.
- Limited travel to professional conferences and ATSU campuses.
- Bachelors degree required
- Masters degree preferred
- Knowledge of ATSU and academic programs and higher education administration required
- Supervision and team development experience preferred
- Experience with project management
- Title IV administration preferred
- Skilled in making oral and written presentation through various medias to provide information, instructions, and explain subjects of interest.
- Strong analytical skills to research and analyze service offerings and make improvement recommendations with focus on quality and take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- You must have a growth mindset and be very comfortable giving and taking direct feedback and constructive criticism.
- You must be an exceptional performer in high-pressure situations.
- Strong service ethic
- Able to communicate policies effectively and professionally using your own voice
- Able to identify available resources for implementing new or improving existing processes while juggling multiple
- Able to build strong relationships and take ownership and responsibility for the work you do