Business Services Entry Professional
DescriptionSchool of Medicine, ACCORDSBusiness Services Entry Professional Position #00769143– Requisition #20611
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Adult and Child Consortium for Health Outcomes Research (ACCORDS) has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Business Services Entry Professional position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Nature of Work:
The Adult and Child Consortium for Health Outcomes Research and Delivery Science (ACCORDS) has an opening for a part-time (50% FTE) up to a full-time (100%) Business Services Entry Level Professional. The Business Services Entry Level Professional will work with both the Administrative team and the Educational Core in ACCORDS to support fiscal, communications and operational needs. They will work both independently and in collaboration with team members and guest speakers who will be giving educational seminars hosted by ACCORDS. Examples of Work Performed:
The Education Core duties include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate all aspects of the group’s functioning.
- Meet with the director of the educational core bi-weekly to discuss the program’s agenda and ACCORDS educational offerings.
- Will set up and facilitate group-planning meetings between the director and other planning committee members for each event series or conference as necessary.
- Create and track a program budget in accordance with the ACCORDS approved expenses.
- Manage honorariums.
- Events scheduled, coordinated and administered by this position will include seminars, workshops, and conferences.
- Track attendance and engagement data for ongoing seminar series; make recommendations regarding outreach and communication strategies based on results.
The Administrative team duties include but are not limited to:
Salary and Benefits:
- Creating and tracking procurement and travel reports for the ACCORDS department.
- Event and meeting management/coordination (meeting lunches, seminars, workshops, etc.)
- Will provide administrative support as needed.
- May include activities such as reference formatting, calendar management, and other duties as assigned.
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $40,916 to $ 57,283. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting, education, social sciences, healthcare administration, public administration, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
: A combination of education and experience may substitute for the bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basisRequired: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous employment in a university environment.
- Previous experience in a health care research environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Entry level abilities with Excel and calendar management
Outstanding customer service skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to work efficiently, adaptability in a changing environment.
- Ability to multitask
- Demonstration of a history in event planning and/or execution
- The ability to manage many stakeholders and personalities at once
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Job Category:
Business ServicesPrimary Location:
Mar 23, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University