UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO - Colorado School of Public Health
Department of Biostatistics and Informatics
Center of Innovative Design and Analysis
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWApplications are accepted electronically only at www.cu.edu/cu-careersThe University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds. Nature of WorkThe Department of Biostatistics and Informatics Colorado School of Public Health is seeking a full-time postdoctoral fellow in imaging genetics/genomics. The position is 2 years with the possibility of extension and available to start immediately. The focus of this position will be the development and implementation of novel statistical and computational methods using Bayesian approaches to integrate lung imaging and genetic/genomic data. The work will involve both methodological research with biostatistics faculty and collaboration with biomedical investigators.The Colorado School of Public Health is a collaborative endeavor involving the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (CU Anschutz), Colorado State University (CSU), and the University of Northern Colorado (UNC). The Colorado School of Public Health is the first and only accredited school of public health in the Rocky Mountain Region, attracting top tier faculty and students from across the country, and providing vital contributions towards ensuring our region’s health and wellbeing. Collaboratively formed in 2008 by CU Denver, CSU and UNC, the Colorado School of Public Health provides training, innovative research and community service to actively address public health issues including chronic disease, access to healthcare, environmental threats, emerging infectious diseases, and costly injuries. The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado, the largest academic health center in the Rocky Mountain region and one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. Currently home to 25,000 employees, more than 5,000 degree-seeking students and two nationally recognized hospitals that handle 1.7 million patient visits each year, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future, carries out a broad range of research, and cares for the state’s children, adults, and veterans. CU Anschutz features schools of medicine, pharmacy, dental medicine and public health, a college of nursing and a graduate school. Supervision ReceivedThe individual will report directly to Dr. Nichole Carlson, but also work collaboratively with Dr. Katerina Kechris and Dr. Debashis Ghosh. Supervision ExercisedThe individual may provide informal supervision to graduate students on the project that report to Dr. Nichole Carlson. Examples of Work PerformedResearch (60%)
- Data management
- Exploratory data analysis
- Statistical methodology development
- Image analysis
- Bioinformatic analysis
- Application of supervised and unsupervised learning in a complex setting.
- Custom coding of Bayesian estimation algorithms
- R package development
- Presentations at conferences
- Manuscript preparation
- Knowledge: statistics, image analysis, genetic analysis, genomic analysis, machine learning
- Skills: data management, data pre-processing, exploratory data analysis, data visualization
- Abilities: proficiency in C++, python, or other programming language, R package development, high performance computing, strong written and oral communication
- PhD/ScD from an accredited college or university in statistics, biostatistics, computer science or related field at the start of the postdoc
- Background in statistics and Bayesian methods
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in statistical software R, Python, or equivalent.
- Experience with imaging data.
- Development of R packages or other software
- Experience with machine learning approaches
- Experience with high dimensional biological data analysis
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- The ability to work independently on data analysis and research.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Mar 18, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing