Associate Director of Communications and Constituent Relations - University Advancement
Associate Director of Communications and Constituent Relations-University Advancement
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Associate Director of Communications and Constituent Relations. The Associate Director of Communications and Constituent Relations is responsible for understanding available media and technology platforms to provide expert planning and execution of communications and marketing initiatives for the Office of University Advancement.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and implement innovative, effective and comprehensive strategies to create and manage University Advancement's social media presence on networking sites including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, etc. through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
- Expand stewardship capacities and increase stewardship efficiencies within the division through the use of different mediums (i.e. video, ThankView platform, etc.) Interview scholarship students for video/feature
- In coordination with the division and university partners, generate, edit, publish and share frequent content (original text, images, video, or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action using available tools.
- Lead efforts to build online engagement, capture and engage new audiences, coordinate viral campaigns, and targeted online outreach programs to drive audiences to give time, talent, and/or treasure.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results.
- Create editorial calendars and schedules in collaboration with division and campus partners. Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Create and maintain content for the division's web pages. Supervise student graphic design staff or interns. Other duties as assigned.
For Consideration, a BA/BS degree in a related field of study, such as Digital Media Management. Knowledge of online marketing and a good understanding of major marketing channels. Minimum 5 years of experience in managing digital and social media communication including: planning, content development, analysis, and reporting. In-depth knowledge of most common social media platforms. In-depth knowledge of web design, web development, HTML programming, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, and Illustrator. Excellent consulting, editing (photo/video/text), presentation, and communication skills. Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing. Working knowledge of Google Analytics, along with other digital customer management systems. Positive attitude, detail, and customer-oriented with the ability to carry out multiple projects simultaneously and within specific deadlines. Successful completion of an employment and criminal history background check required.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the Job Description.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. For full consideration, please submit all application materials by April 1, 2021:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summaryFull Job Description St Edwards Universityhttps://stedwards.applicantpro.com