Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Life Chiropractic College West HQ - Hayward, CAPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level 4 Year DegreeJob Shift DayJob Category EducationDescription ABOUT US
Life Chiropractic College West (Life West), is a leader in chiropractic education is currently seeking a Circulation Supervisor. Our dedicated focus on the profession sets us apart from other institutions making our doctoral and continuing education programs some of the most sought-after in the world.Through a leading-edge curriculum and clinical training experience, we provide graduates with the knowledge, skills, philosophies, attitudes, and competencies to be the best in their field. Life West also empowers transformation. We believe that an outstanding education provides opportunities and resources far beyond the classroom experience. Our mission is to support the full career lifecycle from the classroom to retirement. CORE VALUES
The vision of Life West is to create a brighter future for humanity through graduating chiropractors who have a deep understanding of service, and of the innate potential of the human body to heal and adapt to its environment. The Doctor of Chiropractic program prepares graduates for personal and professional fulfilment in a climate of giving, doing, loving and serving from a place of abundance. PURPOSE
Under general direction of the Library Director, Circulation Supervisor manages the day-to-day operations within the Circulation Department. The scope of responsibility includes specialized tasks such as circulation of library materials, answering borrower inquires in person or on the phone, and handling money for fines, fees, or other services. The Circulation Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the circulation staff, providing schedules, training, conducting performance reviews, hiring, and disciplining. The Circulation Supervisor has a major role in ensuring excellent customer service in the library. RESPONSIBILITIES
GENERAL PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Perform general desk duties such as circulation of library materials, adding/updated borrower records, processing overdue notices, holds processing, and fine/fee payments, assist borrowers in basic use of the library’s online resources and report library equipment in need of repair.
- Open the library on weekdays.
- Resolve disputes concerning overdue, lost and damaged items directing unresolved issues to the Library Director.
- Reconcile cash drawer and submit money to business office.
- Review student library accounts on a quarterly basis in order to set a registration block.
- Monitor reservations for reserve materials and study rooms.
- Manage Lost & Found log and items.
- Provide basic assistance to users regarding equipment: scanner, photocopier, printer, workstations, etc.
- Complete an inventory of assigned library collections on a quarterly basis.
- Compile and submit monthly circulation and statistical usage reports to the Library Director.
- Participate, with the Library Director in setting/changing circulation policies and procedures.
- Train, schedule and supervise circulation assistant and student work-study.
- Prepare work schedule for circulation and study work- study.
- Approve student work-study time sheets.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
In addition to satisfactory performance on all of the responsibilities for this position, all College employees must fulfill the following basic performance expectations:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: EDUCATION & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Values, Mission and Goals: All employees are expected to know and work by the College's values, mission and goals as set out in the college Strategic Plan.
- Customer Service: All College employees will strive to provide outstanding customer service to everyone they serve including students, the community and fellow employees.
- Grooming and Appearance: College employees are expected to maintain a neat and professional image at all times. When issued, College personnel must wear uniforms, and maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
- Safety Awareness: College employees are expected to work diligently to maintain safe and healthful working conditions, and to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injuries. Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment as provided, depending on the position.
- Attendance Standards: College employees are expected to attend their work assignments and schedules at all times, pursuant to the College's Employee Handbook.
- Training: College employees are expected to attend College-provided training sessions and meetings when deemed necessary or required.
- Continuous Improvement: College employees are expected to give attention to continuous assessment and improvement of the position's assigned set of duties and responsibilities.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSEducation, Training and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous work experience in a library
- Proficiency in office productivity software
- 2 years of supervisory experience in similar work environment
- Experience using an integrated library system
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be focused due to frequent interruptions and to work independently
- Ability to explore, understand an optimally use functions of the automated circulation system
- Ability to convey instructions and expectations clearly, and to motivate assistants
- Previous experience working in an academic library, or academic setting
- Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment.
- Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs., retrieving and placing materials on high shelves and on floor-level shelves; standing, walking, carrying, grasping, hearing, seeing, sitting, kneeling, climbing, balancing, stooping, crouching, and reaching.
- Work performed in a general office environment.
Life Chiropractic College West (LCCW)) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, LCCW does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs.
For additional information, please submit your questions to [email protected].