UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
UNT-Instrumental Studies-134320Full Time/Part Time:
Instrumental Studies is the largest department in the College of Music. This position is responsible for providing administrative, customer service and analytical support to students, faculty and external customers. The duties include (not all inclusive):
•Academic Support (registration, audition day, class loads, grades, audit rolls, textbooks, practice room rentals and juries).
•Student travel grants
•Departmental budget duties
Bachelor’s Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Advanced written communication skills.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
• Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
• Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
• Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
• Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
• Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
• Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
• Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
Bachelors in Music
Background in Music
M-F 8-5 some weekends as needed.Driving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Administrative CoordinatorPosting Number:
S1714PSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Include resume, cover letter and references as directed.Quicklink for Posting: