Family Medicine Clinical Assistant/Associate/Full Professor – Sacred Heart Hospital (71682)
Mar 17, 2021
The University of Florida, Department of Community Health and Family Medicine is seeking a Full Time (1.00 FTE) Assistant/Associate/or Full Professor at Sacred Heart Hospital Emerald Coast (SHHEC), at the Destin Florida location. The anticipated effective start date for the program is 7/1/23. The expected start date for the Family Medicine Physician would be as soon as possible. Rank will be commensurate with qualifications. This is a Full-time position, however, part-time will be considered depending upon the needs of the clinic and applicant.
As a Full Time (1.00 FTE) Assistant/Associate/or Full Professor in the Department of Community Health and Family Medicine at SHHEC, the incumbent would ensure high quality education that meets the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) standards, provide excellent clinical care for patients in the outpatient and inpatient settings, and would possess professionalism consistent with the mission and vision of the Program at Sacred Heart Hospital Emerald Coast.
Duties and Responsibilities as for the Residency Program:
- Demonstrate dedication to Family Medicine Education.
- Promote and demonstrate competency in clinical research and quality improvement, high ethics, and a commitment to a high order of professionalism.
- Commit to academic development through scholarly activities that result in presentations during national meetings and peer-reviewed publications.
- Seek continual improvement of the Family Medicine Residency Program that meets and, when deemed important, exceeds requirements of the RC-FM or other acceptable standards.
General Responsibilities as Physician (when the program begins):
- Provide medical care in family medicine consistent with current standards of care.
- Educate patients on wellness, prevention, and early detection through interpersonal communication and/or the provision of informational materials to patients and family members.
- Assess the need for, and, as may be clinically indicated, refers patients to additional health care providers for additional specialty care.
- Assess urgency of patient’s medical care needs in determining necessary follow-up schedule and/or referral/consultation appointments.
- Exercise appropriate medical judgment in all issues pertinent to medical diagnosis and treatment on each patient’s behalf.
- M.D. or D.O. degree or equivalent, board Certification or eligibility in Family Medicine and current Florida medical license or eligibility is required.
- Requisite specialty expertise and documented educational experience acceptable to the Review Committee for Family Medicine
- Current certification in the specialty by the American Board of Family Medicine
- Family Medicine Providers will provide patient care to children and adults, which may include seeing patients who are receiving prenatal care.
To be considered for this position, you are required to apply online at https://facultyjobs.hr.ufl.edu/ and enter 71682 in the search box. Your application is considered complete with the inclusion of your C.V., cover letter, and three signed letters of recommendation. Please either add the three signed letters with your online application or email your signed letters of recommendation to the HR Manager at [email protected]
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered "official" if a designation of "Issued to Student" is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.