Faculty - Physics and Astronomy
Faculty - Physics and AstronomyClassification Title:
Full Time FacultySalary Type:
E = ExemptPosition Summary::
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking a full-time Physics and Astronomy Instructor. Courses that might be taught include Conceptual Physics, College Physics, General Physics and Introductory Astronomy depending on the qualifications of the applicant.
Instructor may be assigned a teaching schedule that includes any college location and at times that meet student, program and college needs, including evening and weekend classes.
At least 40 hours per week are to be spent in the following: direct instruction; preparation and evaluation of instruction; accessibility to students; committee assignments; advising and service to the college and community.Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills::
Master’s degree in Physics or a Master’s degree in a related field with at least 18 semester hours of graduate work in Physics and Astronomy.
Must be committed to the community college “open door” philosophy and be a good team member.Department::
Sci Math - BiologyWork Hours::
01/11/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDuty and Responsibility::
1. Update, communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duty and Responsibility::
2. Participate in professional development opportunities (selected or assigned) in order to enhance and apply knowledge/skills within the discipline, to effectively utilize required course technology and College applications, and to maintain licensures (as applicable).Duty and Responsibility::
3. Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duty and Responsibility::
4. Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duty and Responsibility::
5. Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet administrative requirements. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duty and Responsibility::
6. Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duty and Responsibility::
7. Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duty and Responsibility::
8. Support student advising, registration and recruitment efforts, as appropriate or required.Duty and Responsibility::
9. Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.Duty and Responsibility::
10. Adhere to College policies and procedures.Duty and Responsibility::
11. Follow the appropriate chain of supervision.Duty and Responsibility::
12. Participate in College meetings, events, and committees as appropriate or required.