Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager
Job ID: 225091
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0350101 - Office of Human Resources
Responsible for managing a wide range of activities related to employee relations to include investigations, counseling, engagement and policy management.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal employment regulations
- Works with senior HR leadership on future workforce planning, preparation of policies and communication plans for policy changes
- Uses surveys, interviews, and other studies to conduct research regarding human resource policies, and other employment issues. After analyzing the information, makes recommendations on changes
- Researches and explains laws and legal affairs concerning employment to managers, supervisors, and employees
- Advises and trains managers and supervisors in best employee relations practices and strategies for managing supervisor problems and employee grievances. Develops further training as needed
- Provides advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding HR practices, policy, coaching, counseling and employment laws
- Works with managers and staff to improve work relationships, positively impact morale, increase productivity and retention
- Uses mediation proceedings between employees, supervisors and department heads to settle work related conflicts through advice and final recommendations
- Responds to employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and conducts investigations of employment related issues at the direction of senior leadership
- Provides guidance and input on issues such as restructures, RIFs, workforce planning and succession planning
- Reviews involuntary terminations in accordance with university processes to ensure consistency and lawful practices. Works with legal to ensure appropriateness of actions
- Tracks and trends HR metrics around turnover and makes recommendations on how to address the issues
- Partners with Title IX Coordinator to investigate/assist with discrimination investigations as requested
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field required
- Four years of professional human resource administration, including two years in employee relations OR it's equivalent through training, education, and other experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification
- Experience in Higher Education
$40,200 - $45,000
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Thorough understanding of state and federal laws concerning labor relations
- Thorough understanding of conflict management techniques
- Thorough understanding of dispute resolution
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Use effective communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Apply Before Date
May 14, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=225091&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency