Processes procurement and HR requests for externally-funded grants/contracts following university policies and procedures. Provides administrative support to one or more grants managers. Processes hiring requests working with Human Resources and grants managers to ensure grant-funded positions are posted and filled.
1. Processes state procurement request items for funded grants and/or contracts
2. Works with suppliers and campus partners as needed to complete assignments
3. Reviews and submits invoices and reimbursement requests and corresponds appropriately requesting additional information
4. Assists Grants & Contracts Managers for related purchases
5. Responsible for the department's Purchasing Card (Pcard)
6. Assists with electronic purchasing system processes
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
One (1) year related work experience
Experience with grant and contract policies of Federal, state, and private sponsors
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Ability to work independently without guidance
• Familiarity with The University System of Georgia (USG)/KSU's grants/contract processes
• Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
• Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
• Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
• Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position requires a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Credit Report
- Standard Enhanced + Education
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency