Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Pipeline & Education Programs Manager
LSAC is a not-for-profit corporation devoted to promoting and furthering the quality, access, and fairness of the law school admission process by providing core products and services to law school candidates and law schools in the United States and throughout the world. LSAC’s mission is to promote quality, access, and equity in law and education worldwide by supporting individuals’ enrollment journeys and providing pre-eminent assessment, data, and technology services.
Summary of Position:
The DEI Pipeline & Education Programs Manager is responsible for identifying, developing, and maintaining diverse and inclusive programs, including, but not limited to, PLUS Programs, Pipeline and other outreach programs. This position reports directly to the Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
This is a full-time position. Remote work arrangements will be considered for this position.
- Creates and maintains an overall program pipeline (purpose statement; contacts/staffing; constituency served; budget; status; etc.).
- Participates in periodic visits to minority serving institutions as needed.
- Creates, manages, and tracks pipeline and outreach programs.
- Pre-Law Undergraduate Scholar Programs (PLUS) Management and Innovation:
- Reviews and assesses program;
- Reviews RFPs and makes recommendations to staff and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee;
- Creates contracts for accepted programs;
- Works with Finance to get purchase orders;
- Sets-up schedule for payments for the programs;
- Hosts/develops PLUS Program Director Training;
- Reviews curriculum and efficacy of each PLUS program (develop, track, report out on metrics);
- Conducts site visits to each law school hosting a PLUS program in order to interview participants and evaluate the activity;
- Promotes PLUS opportunities and application information
- PLUS Program and other online education program development
- DEI grant and sponsorship development and innovation.
- In collaboration with the DEI Policy and Research Analyst, gathers information including data, published studies and educational journal articles about educational barriers faced by students from historically marginalized communities at all levels of the educational spectrum.
- Conducts program and project evaluations and drafts report on findings.
- Mentors, leads, and partners with internal stakeholders within LSAC to help promote the DEI mission and DEI Strategic Hub in order to ensure understanding and consistent application of the DEI purpose/lens in decision-making, best practices, and standards.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or master’s degree in policy development, education, or other related field plus demonstrated experience in policy reform.
- Demonstrated experience in education policy reform highly preferred.
- Innovative and collaborative leader and champion of equity initiatives with a demonstrated understanding of the dynamics of power, privilege, and oppression.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Professional practice reflects a commitment to customer service, data-informed effectiveness, and addressing racial and social inequities.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize as needed.
- Experience in building and maintaining a pipeline of new relationships.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, and Excel is required. Ability and willingness to learn and use specialized office software related to the duties assigned.
- Reputation as a strong collaborative partner, exercising a high level of tact, good judgement, political savvy, diplomacy and cooperative working relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Ideal candidate has served in a senior leadership position and has successfully led high priority and high visibility policy initiatives.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience in authoring or co-authoring reports, briefing memos, and public speaking.
Travel required up to 30%.
Alternative formats of this job description include HTML and Microsoft Word, large print, text transcripts of visual information, and accessible electronic formats compatible with screen readers.
Please feel free to contact our Talent Acquisition Business Partner, Matt Lutz, directly at [email protected]
LSAC actively seeks to foster greater levels of diversity in our workforce and in our pipeline of future leaders. We are committed to attract and retain candidates who have a passion for their work and encourage all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, LGBTQ, and individuals with a disability, to apply. LSAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.