Director of Graduate Admissions
Department:: Graduate Admissions
Locations:: Springfield, MA
Posted:: Mar 22, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: 2789
Position ID:: 129175
About American International College:
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has approximately 3200 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
- Supervise the collection and organization of accurate data regarding the new student enrollment process for graduate students; analyze the data and make data-driven enrollment decisions, providing necessary data for academic program directors to aid in the decision process. Communicate relevant enrollment updates to the graduate dean in a clear and concise way.
- Serve as primary contact for internal and external partners at AIC, ensuring alignment of recruitment goals, recruitment messaging and data analysis. Ensure smooth operational and personal transitions for students in all graduate programs. Supervise the coordination of recruitment events to ensure accurate messaging and effectiveness of recruitment strategy.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate policies, procedures, programs, information systems, and controls for recruitment and admissions functions to assure maximum efficiency and effectiveness of the operation. Create and continually update graduate admission procedures manuals.
- Coordinate the development of the CRM. Ensure that set procedures are established for each area of the admissions CRM function. Oversee the implementation of these procedures. Coordinate database updates, which include but are not limited to, communication plan updates, filter coordination, exports (internal and external), application updates as well pertinent updates to processing systems. (i.e. terms of entry, funnel reporting, programs)
- Coordinate goal-setting meeting between internal and external constituencies. Recommend enrollment goals for graduate enrollment, including headcount and credit hours. Substantiate this recommendation with historical, national and regional data that considers AIC's situational analysis.
- Create strong relationships on and off-campus, providing advocacy for graduate programs as new policies and procedures are considered.
- Monitors and supervises all enrollment staff and activities to ensure service and compliance within the campus and the achievement of specific enrollment goals. This individual will monitor and coach department members to ensure professional development while also ensuring that AIC enrolls qualified students as part of graduate programs.
- In consultation with the graduate dean and marketing staff, coordinate the creating of marketing campaigns including viewbook, travel brochures and prospective student communication plans.
- Working strategically with the marketing team, oversee the development of engaging recruitment-related marketing materials, providing strong leadership on content and design.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred Degree(s): Master's Degree
- Required Field of Expertise: Higher Education; Admissions (5-7 years)
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Graduate recruitment and admissions.
- Required Training/Cert: Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Required Licensure(s): A valid, insurable driver's license.
- Must be available and willing to work weekends and non-traditional hours as needed. Minimal travel required.
- Ability to work a varied schedule with flexible hours; ability to load and transport admissions materials, displays, and other equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to represent the office and College in a professional manner and to conduct compelling and persuasive presentations to small and large groups.
- Ability to adapt and problem-solve as needed, especially under pressure
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude, strong commitment to customer service, and student focus
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Ability to quickly learn new database systems.
- Able to identify a need and take initiative to address that need.
- Experience training and supervising staff members on issues related to admission and recruitment and to verify that systems in place are operating at maximum capacity. Able to develop training program that is comprehensive and effective and to hold accountable operations staff members on timeliness and accuracy of data entry.
- Able to contribute to a strong admissions leadership team and to develop strong and collegial relationships across campus.
This is a full-time, twelve-month, exempt-level, benefits eligible position. Normal office hours are 8:30a.m. to 4:30 p.m., flexible to the needs of the department. Candidates must have the ability to travel and work non-traditional hours as needed.
AIC reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualified applicants should save and submit the following documents with the online application.
- Brief cover letter
- Current resume
- Contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor)
Review of applications will continue until the position has been filled.