Inclusion & Diversity Strategist (23226)
Job DetailsLevel ManagementJob Location Main Campus - Edmond, OKRemote Type N/APosition Type StaffEducation Level UndisclosedSalary Range $50,000.00 - $54,000.00 Salary/yearTravel Percentage UndisclosedJob Shift UndisclosedJob Category UndisclosedDescription A Cover Letter and Resume are RequiredPosition Overview:The University Office of Inclusive Community (UOIC) seeks an Inclusion & Diversity Strategist to work closely with the Inclusive Community Officer around strategy, implementation and assessment of all University of Central Oklahoma DEI efforts. The UOIC mission is to plan, lead and implement, in collaboration with university partners, institutional change actions, and initiatives to advance and support inclusivity and equity for the purposes of cultivating and sustaining inclusive excellence at the University of Central Oklahoma.The UOIC serves as a catalyst for information, resources, and expertise on initiatives focused on inclusive excellence.Department Specific Essential Job Functions:The Inclusion & Diversity Strategist will support the daily operations of the UOIC in planning, implementing and assessing various campus initiatives designed to advance and support inclusivity and equity for the purposes of cultivating and sustaining excellence at the University of Central Oklahoma. Some of the initiatives may include:
- Collaborate with the Inclusive Community Officer to research design activities in support of UCO’s inclusive community strategic plan and its associated metrics
- Lead projects designed to support inclusion, equity and diversity at UCO
- Develop metrics for institutional planning and program evaluation and outcomes
- Determine appropriate sources of data internal and external to the University for benchmarking and conduct assessments and self-study
- Working with Institutional Research and Human Resources, maintain demographic data tables on students, faculty, and staff on the University Office of Inclusive Community website.
- Assist with presentations related to campus equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts.
- Collaborate with departments/units and community partners to achieve strategic initiatives as they relate to inclusivity, equity and diversity
- Work in collaboration with senior and mid-level campus administrators, faculty, staff, students, and community educational partners.
- The Inclusion & Diversity Strategist is expected to: exercise considerable latitude in a collaborative, fast-paced, and detail-oriented position to meet strategic and operational goals; exercise personal initiative, professional and sound judgment, and proficiency in initiating and completing simultaneous complex projects; and utilize knowledge of academic organizational processes to independently manage a variety of diversity-related programs.
- Work alongside the Inclusive Community Officer in preparing grant proposals to support UCO inclusion, equity, and diversity efforts by determining concepts, gathering information and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Other duties to be assigned by the Inclusive Community Advocate, in addition to assisting with general office tasks
- Bachelor’s degree and three years’ experience in a related field (or equivalent experience in lieu of a bachelors)
- Ability to identify and implement best practices to support an inclusive community
- Administrative experience, including: project management; budgeting, effective written and oral communication skills, confidentiality and discretion when working with multiple stakeholders; detail oriented and self-initiated, collaborative, team-player open to addressing the myriad needs of Inclusive Community and its entire scope of work; strategic and analytical leader; familiarity with data and evidence-based practices; marketing and website strategy experiences
- A master’s degree or a terminal degree in higher education or related field
- Knowledge of data warehouse and analysis systems such as SPSS Statistics, Statistical Analysis Software, and related assessment processes and techniques
- Grant writing experience
- Successful record of experience in advancing inclusion, equity, and diversity within an organization.
- Resume and cover letter required (may be uploaded as one file). Please do not submit your application without these documents.
- Please incorporate a response to this statement into the cover letter:
- Share your experience and knowledge regarding the role and importance of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in higher education as a whole, business schools, and global organizations.
- Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.