Research Data Analyst (6256U), Haas School of Business 16558
Research Data Analyst (6256U), Haas School of Business 16558 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: April 2, 2021
UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business offers a unique opportunity to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and continually learn in a workplace committed to increasing diversity and creating a welcoming environment for all. Our distinctive culture is captured within our four Defining Leadership Principles: Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always, and Beyond Yourself. These principles distinguish Berkeley Haas as a unique environment, conducive to teamwork, collaboration, and career growth.
For more information about the Haas School of Business visit: https://haas.berkeley.edu/about/
The Research Data Analyst supports the faculty research activities of the Fisher Center for Real Estate and Urban Economics. The position involves gathering, analyzing, and interpreting a wide variety of research data in economic geography/urban economics, macroeconomics and consumer finance. This includes performing statistical analysis of large datasets, selecting data samples, preparing questionnaires, and analyzing collected information according to established statistical methods.
The Fisher Center for Real Estate & Urban Economics (FCREUE) is an internationally renowned research center housed at the Haas School of Business located on the University of California, Berkeley campus. The mission of FCREUE is to educate students and real estate professionals, to support and conduct cutting-edge research on real estate, urban economics, and the California State economy, and share findings and expertise with academics, business, government, and the general public.
- Assists with implementation of business processes. Maintains and develops research gathering, retrieval and reporting systems.
- Plans studies, including the design of survey instruments and determining the sampling and reporting procedures.
- Collaborates on the design, documentation, testing and implementation of research studies.
- Assists in developing systems for organizing data to analyze, identify and report trends.
- Gathers and analyzes research data; prepares and summarizes information and/or recommendations.
- May be involved in researching, evaluating and selecting new data reporting products.
- Prepares reports and/or analysis for internal department constituents.
- Independently plans limited studies or assists higher level Analysts in large, complex studies.
- Working knowledge of research function.
- Strong skills in statistical analysis, system programming, database design and data security measures.
- Working skills in analysis and consultation.
- Skills to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner both verbally and written.
- Ability to work independently to solve problems.
- Strong quantitative background.
- Working knowledge of current statistical software (eg Stata, ArcGis/QGIS, Python, R, SAS, LATEX)
- Long term interest in pursuing research in economics.
- Bachelor's degree and / or equivalent experience / training.
Salary & Benefits
This is a non-exempt, biweekly paid position. Hourly salary is commensurate with experience up to $29.12.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a 1-year Contract role at 100% time.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=16558&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency