Graduate Assistant for Men's Hockey
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
For additional information regarding this vacancy, please contact: Jason Bloomingburg, Head Men's Hockey Coach at [email protected]
Position Purpose: Aurora University, a NCAA Division III institution and member of the Northern Athletic Collegiate Conference (NACC), seeks applications for a graduate student assistant coach position with our men's hockey program. Successful candidate must pursue a graduate degree while serving as a graduate assistant. The graduate assistant includes a tuition waiver and a stipend of $5,000 per year. Appointment date: Summer/Fall 2021-2022. For more information regarding admission to a graduate program at Aurora University: http://www.aurora.edu/admission/graduate/index.html.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Previous playing experience required.
- Experience coaching at the collegiate level preferred.
- Admission to the graduate program is required.
- A valid driver's license and driving record which meets institutional requirements is required.
- Evening and weekend availability is required.
- Flexibility with an evolving work environment important.
- Physical ability to endure physically strenuous work-outs and physical exercise on a daily basis, including standing and/or walking for long periods, bending, stooping, lifting; manual dexterity; lifting of up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to move about campus and between locations.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.Apply to: Aurora University
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
[email protected] - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.