Loans, Inventory and Stores Clerk
PPPL is seeking a Loans, Inventory, and Stores Clerk who will manage and maintain existing property agreements and process new agreements to completion. The position supports the Personal Property Manager and all PPPL Material Services functions.
Loans, Inventory and Stores Clerk
Job ID: 2021-12554
# of Openings: 1
Category: Facilities Management and Physical Plant
The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a world-class fusion energy research laboratory managed by Princeton University for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science. PPPL is dedicated to developing the scientific and technological knowledge base for fusion energy. The Laboratory advances the fields of fusion energy and plasma physics research to develop the scientific understanding and key innovations needed to realize fusion as an energy source for the world.
- 30% Prepare, manage and maintain "Outbound" International/Domestic Loan Agreements and Domestic Collaborations. Physically view equipment/material that will be processed and coordinate with Property Administration and shipping. Maintains and coordinates "Inbound" Loan Agreements with receiving and borrower.
- 20% Provides support to other Property Management functions (Excess Property, Personal Property, Stores/Stockroom) including inventory and processing functions.
- 15% Performs physical equipment and stores inventories as requested.
- 10% Perform High Risk Reviews, request Export Control Reviews when required for agreement documentation.
- 10% Circulate Loan and Collaboration Agreement package for required approval signatures and track to completion and distribute to required personnel.
- 5% Track to completion loan/collaboration documentation for excess transfers or abandonment and destruction.
- 5% Has knowledge of and supports Laboratory ES&H requirements and consistently applies them to daily operations. Encourages others to be safety conscious and observe safety rules including the use of safety equipment. Review work for environmental impacts. Comply with DOE and ES&H Directives, and OSHA standards. Report all ES&H problems, violations, or concerns to appropriate individual(s). Attends required training.
- 5% Perform various duties as assigned including cross training to demonstrate competence in other related Material Services positions to provide support as needed.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED, some college or secondary training desired. Three or more years of experience with automated stockroom, inventory management, system subcontracts, or similar business experience.
- Knowledge and experience with integrated database management systems, Microsoft Word®, Excel®, Adobe Acrobat® and other desktop computer applications.
- Knowledge of DOE and federal inventory management regulations.
- Ability to manage accurate and precise records of stores operations.
- Ability to generate, review and revise reports and correspondence.
- Ability to anticipate and determine priorities to ensure that work is completed prior to deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) necessary to communicate with all levels of personnel at PPPL, subcontractors and of other laboratories.
- Ability to successfully complete all required training for position. Details available on the Material Services Training Matrix.
- Position requires frequent walking, bending, and lifting of light equipment and materials (ability to lift 25 pounds).
Please be aware that the Department of Energy (DOE) prohibits DOE employees and contractors from participation in certain foreign government talent recruitment programs. All PPPL employees are required to disclose any participation in a foreign government talent recruitment program and may be required to withdraw from such programs to remain employed under the DOE Contract.