Senior Instructional Designer
Job Identification: 60
Locations: , , , ,
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Academic Support
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
The Senior Instructional Technology Consultant (ITC 2) is an integral part of the instructional design and development team that collaborates with faculty to design, develop, and implement effective instruction. The Sr. Instructional Designer provides support for the instructional design cycle of clarifying instructional objectives; designing, developing and implementing instructional strategies; locating, recommending, and developing curricular materials; selecting appropriate technology tools; and assessing the effectiveness of the instructional strategies and/or technology tools.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide instructional design support for courses and online programs offered by the assigned college/departments: design and develop online and hybrid courses, coordinate course materials development, collaborate with the assigned college and other university offices to assess the courses.
- Plan, prepare, assist, and teach faculty development seminars.
- Work with faculty and team members to experiment with emerging technologies and teaching strategies and conduct research on the effective use of these technologies and strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Graduate certificate in Online Learning/Educational Technology in lieu of Master's degree, or substantial experience in designing online learning environments. Examples of online course design work. Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Substantive experience in multimedia production, videography, visual design or any related areas or equivalent experiences.
- Master's Degree in Educational Technology and/or Human-Computer Interaction.
- Strongly preferred: game design, Universal Design for Learning (UDL), accessibility, and knowledge of D2L.
- May be assigned to supervise part-time staff and student workers.
- May be assigned to supervise budgets.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.