Assistant/Associate Professor of Physical Therapy
The Department of Physical Therapy in the School of Education and Health Sciences at North Central College is excited to announce an open-rank search for multiple faculty members eager to assist in the development and implementation of an innovative Doctor of Physical Therapy Program built on a liberal arts foundation. The program will prepare physical therapists who will be able to navigate the complexities of future health care systems with strong skills in movement science, relationship and patient/client centered care, professionalism, communication, and technology focused on the pursuit of excellence.
Program highlights include:
• A program mission that focuses on supporting learners on their journey to becoming excellent clinicians, educators, scholars, and leaders dedicated to serving society as movement system experts.
• A program dedication to living the values of integrity, excellence, and balance through education, clinical practice, community engagement, leadership, and scholarship.
• An emphasis on equity diversity and inclusion, evidenced-based clinical practice, and relationship-centered care.
• Opportunities for interdisciplinary pedagogy and research with growing and expanding programs within the School and across the College.
• Located in a new, contemporary, interdisciplinary building that includes state-of-the-art classrooms, research, and simulation spaces.
• Utilization of innovative pedagogical ideas integrated with technology to deliver a curriculum built on a liberal arts and movement science foundation.
• All positions are 12-month positions with eligibility for competitive salaries, benefits, sabbatical, professional semester, and professional development and scholarship support. Faculty rank is commensurate with experience and credentials.
We are currently seeking dynamic, innovative, individuals with expertise in any aspect of physical therapy education or practice. Individuals who enjoy working collaboratively with others, enjoy working closely with students, and have an interest in being innovative in physical therapy education are encouraged to apply. Start date is negotiable between July 2021-June 2022.
The successful applicant is required to have an earned clinical (DPT) or academic doctorate (PhD, EdD, DHSc, etc.) from an accredited institution (academic doctorate preferred); and is required to be a licensed physical therapist in the state of Illinois or be eligible for and have intent to obtain physical therapist licensure in Illinois; be able to function well within a collegial and collaborative environment, role modeling the mission, vision, values, and commitment of the North Central College Doctor of Physical Therapy Program; and has evidence of contemporary expertise in one or more content areas taught within physical therapy curriculum. It is preferred the successful candidate demonstrate evidence of an ongoing or developing record of a scholarship or the potential to develop a scholarly agenda consistent with the mission of the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program. Applicants must demonstrate commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring of students, and ongoing scholarship.
Founded in 1861, North Central College is a nationally recognized institution of about 3000 students, located in Naperville, IL, a thriving suburb just west of Chicago. North Central College is within walking distance of the Naperville Metra station and is next to downtown Naperville. The College is expanding its clinical professional programs. A new academic building completed in January 2021 houses state of the art simulation, classroom, interprofessional education, and research spaces designed for the health sciences. The Naperville area is home to many excellent school districts and Naperville, IL has been ranked as one of the best places to live by Money magazine. For more information, please visit: http://www.noctrl.edu. North Central College is an EEO Employer.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, unofficial graduate transcripts and contact information for three professional references in an electronic format to https://northcentralcollege.peopleadmin.com/postings/8079 . For further information, potential applicants are encouraged to contact Sara Scholtes, PT, DPT, PhD, Chair, Department of Physical Therapy, at [email protected]
North Central College values diversity and is committed to social justice, equity and inclusiveness. Experience working with diverse student populations and communities will be weighed in the candidate’s favor.
Review of applications will begin April 1, 2021. Applicants who would enrich the diversity of the campus community are strongly encouraged to apply.