Director of Facilities
Position: Director of Facilities Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 620 # of Openings: 1 Director of Facilities Job OverviewThe Director of Facilities provides oversight, direction, and strategic planning for all aspects of Facilities at the College, to include Maintenance, Operations, Planning, and Construction. Responsible for a $16 million budget, $10-30 million of annual construction spending, and 105 employees. Reports to the Vice President of Finance & Operations. Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and carries out maintenance of the College’s buildings and utilities to achieve the lowest full lifecycle costs with the highest possible reliability.
- Oversees custodial operations and grounds maintenance to achieve consistent excellence in the College’s appearance.
- Leads the Facilities Development and Construction Services to advance the function and appearance of buildings supporting the College’s programs.
- Sustains strong morale and a healthy culture. Coaches leaders for strong management and knows each employee personally. Knows the health of each team in terms of supervision, direction, teamwork, and performance issues, and works with leaders to set direction, to improve performance, and to address issues in effective and timely ways.
- Ensures that facilities design and construction are done with excellence and strong financial stewardship.
- Achieves high levels of efficiency and customer service for services to campus, and a high level of efficiency for internal facilities processes.
- Ensures that employees have adequate equipment and receive the right training (skill-based, safety, and compliance) to do their jobs with excellence.
- Provides effective leadership in responding to campus emergencies.
- Directly supervises the Director of Construction & Maintenance, College Architect, and Director of Facilities Operations.
- Demonstrated strong leadership. Has built strong and healthy organizations.
- Five years’ relevant experience at a director level.
- Strengths in strategic leadership and financial management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.