Associate Director for Admissions Operations
University of Colorado | CU Denver
Student Enrollment Operations and Compliance
Associate Director for Admissions Operations
Position #300162– Requisition #20550
The Associate Director for Admissions Operations will lead a large team in all facets of admissions non-recruiting operations which includes, but may not be limited to the implementation of admissions application software, the receipt of applications, inventory and tracking of application materials, establishing and implementing admissions decisions criteria, admissions data reporting and analysis, application evaluations, and the outreach to applicants about status or missing application materials. The Associate Director for Admissions Operations will serve on various leadership teams within Admissions and Student Enrollment Operations and Compliance and will be expected to contribute to strategic planning and prioritizations related to admissions operations. Work responsibilities for this position include:
- Supervising 6-10 full-time professionals to include hiring, performance coaching and development, and performance reviews/assessments
- Contribute meaningfully to strategic planning and prioritization
- Policy creation, editing, reviews, vetting, and implementation
- Budget decisions about the needs within admissions non-recruiting operations
- Proactive problem-solving for unique processing issues relevant to the admissions lifecycle
- Regular audit review of all functions within the admissions operations lifecycle, ensuring compliance with the University, federal, state, and accrediting policies and standards, as well as to ensure that all processes have executed as expected.
- Data collection, analysis, and reporting of key performance indicators within the admissions operations lifecycle
- The design and implementation of business processes associated with the receipt, review, admissions decisions, and all other aspects of admissions operations
- Infrastructural decision-making to optimize results in admissions operations
The hiring range for this position has been established at $66,967 to $70,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above hiring range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
- A bachelor’s degree in directly related field from an accredited institution. Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific years of experience.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of academic services, student affairs or related experience in a higher ed setting.
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level, including direct responsibility for supervisory experience and experience using a student information system.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in student affairs, student personnel services, higher education, or related field of study.
- Experience establishing, reviewing, auditing, and communicating operational procedures.
- Experience using Peoplesoft Campus Solutions.
- Experience using Slate.
- Experience working in an Admissions Office.
- Customer service experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated commitment to student service, access, and success.
- Demonstrated ability in records management systems.
- Ability to make independent decisions and solve a full range of issues that are impacted by university policies, and state and federal regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to generate and implement direction for the assigned area and ensure alignment with the department, Student Enrollment Operations and Compliance, and university strategic goals.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Mar 17, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing