Training Manager, Enterprise Research Administration Systems
PG190776EPInternal Recruitment :
Training Manager, Enterprise Research Administration SystemsAnticipated Hiring Range:
$60,000-$80,000 (commensurate with education and experience)Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm with additional hours required as needed to meet deadlinesJob Location:
Raleigh, North CarolinaDepartment :
Office of Research & Innovation (ORI)About the Department:
The Office of Research and Innovation (ORI) supports research, scholarship, and creative activities of the NC State community, facilitates a collaborative research and innovation environment, and translates results into social, economic, and technological development across North Carolina and around the world.
Research Operations and Communications provides leadership in development, planning and implementation of Office of Research and Innovation’s strategic goals and initiatives. The Assistant Vice Chancellor for Research Operations and Communications is a liaison to the Vice Chancellor and acts on his behalf. The unit provides logistical (both administrative and operational) support to all Office of Research and Innovation units in the areas of strategic initiatives, reporting, centers and research cores, research development activities, communications, marketing, web services, special events, etc. The unit leads all communications, marketing and web activities for Office of Research and Innovation and facilitates activities between Office of Research and Innovation units and University Communications.
The Office of Contracts and Grants oversees post-award administration for NC State University. Contracts and Grants staff supports department and college Research Administrators, faculty, and staff by managing the cornerstones of Post-Award Administration including: project ID setup, deposits, invoicing, letter of credit draws, accounts receivable, financial reports to sponsors, new award/attribute review, audit coordination, project modification request approvals, regulatory checklists, effort reporting and general compliance oversight.Essential Job Duties:
- Jointly reporting to the Office of Research & Innovation and the Office of Contracts & Grants, the Training Manager for Enterprise Research Administration Systems will be responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing management of educational programs as they relate to the University’s new Enterprise Research Administration (ERA) System.
- This position will maintain a close working relationship with all units under the Office of Research & Innovation and will partner closely with the Office of Information Technology (OIT) and the Office of Finance & Administration (OFA).
Specific areas of direct responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and administer ERA education programs and initiatives for campus-wide audiences.
- Oversee, develop, and implement innovative learning strategies that help to sustain a viable research workforce and enhance expertise for the NC State research community.
- Serve as a training and communications representative on ERA Project Team working groups.
- Play a lead role in partnering with other Subject Matter Experts in the central offices to identify training needs and develop content for training resources (e.g. videos, instructor-led training, webinars, eLearning, print materials, end-user guides). This includes ongoing evaluation of training needs and training resources and ERA training communications centrally and campus-wide.training.
- Identify and implement best practices to communicate training information.
- Monitor testing activities for initial implementation and system updates to optimize training schedule and content.
- Coordinate with technical and functional business representatives to ensure post-testing changes are reflected in training materials.
- Analyze and report training effectiveness through the use of performance evaluations, course completions, grades and/or other metrics and data related to training.
- Assess initiatives linking training activities directly to long-term ERA strategic goals and apply various techniques to improve the quality and relevance of training for the research community across NC State University.
- Liaise with Learning Management System (LMS) and Information Technology development team(s) to implement updates for training needs.
- Responsible for ERA training in all technology platforms. Communicate on and provide training for systems when needed.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and deliver training programs, including directing temporary employees and/or contractors to deliver campus
- Coordinate closely with other members of the Research Education & Communications Team.
- Generate and implement ideas to increase collaboration and communication between ORI, OIT, OFA, and the campus research community.
- Work closely with the training team to collaborate on all training related to research administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Require post-baccalaureate credentials, or a bachelor’s degree plus alternative or equivalent professional training and experience may be substituted for the advanced degree on an exceptional basis.
- Demonstrated experience managing learning and development programs and demonstrates extensive knowledge and skills related to adult learning theory, instructional design, learning technology, and research/research administration.
- Prior experience developing and implementing learning and development strategies as part of the strategic planning process.
- Proven ability to work closely with top executives to ensure messaging is projected to organizational standards, throughout all possible resources.
- Previous experience working with learning management systems and website administration systems (such as WordPress).
- Master’s degree in a related field is strongly preferred.
- Prefer prior knowledge or experience working with electronic research administration systems and research compliance systems.
- Project management skills and experience
- Prior experience with software training and development
- Prior e-learning and blended training experience
- Prior experience using Captivate, Articulate, and/or similar software programs
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
02/05/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until Filled.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and names and complete contact information of three professional references, including email addresses and phone numbers.
In addition, in the “Other Document 1” section, applicants should submit a training portfolio and samples of previous in-person and virtual training in which they have developed and/or led.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
060101 - Office of Research & Innovation (ORI)AA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.