Maintenance Worker III, General Maintenance
The Department of Facilities Management supports the mission of the University of Denver's physical resources in order to provide a healthy and safe educational environment for campus community through services of the departments of Capital Projects and Planning, Facilities Management, Parking & Mobility Services, Auxiliaries & Real Estate, and Business & Operations.
With general supervision from the foreman, this position performs repairs and maintenance at a semi-skilled level in multiple trade areas. This position will serve as general maintenance.
- Performs work in at least three or more trade areas such as, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry and painting.
- Installs and /or replaces the following: ceiling tile, suspended ceilings, floor tile, ceramic tile, steel studs, sheetrock, plastic laminate, screens, drapery rods, door hardware, brick work, concrete, painting and patching, shelving, pumps, motors, filters, electrical switches, receptacles and ballasts.
- Operates power equipment that includes power saws, sanders, drill presses and other equipment as required.
- When requested, reports for emergency snow removal, times can vary but tend to early AM. Removes snow from walks, steps, ramps, and parking lots by power equipment or shovel.
- May be required to direct lower classifications, permanent and temporary assigned personnel.
- Assists other trades that require a specific license or certification.
- Read blueprints and works from sketches, layouts or penciled drawings.
- Drives to sites with tools and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as material safety data sheets, operating manuals, and work orders.
- Ability to communicate effectively with University customers (students, staff, faculty and visitors)
- Basic math skills required when measuring, and performing take offs for miscellaneous jobs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral and diagrams or schedule form.
- Ability to assess quickly a variety of data in emergencies in order to develop effective solutions.
- Must be knowledgeable of related OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Proficient in the use of computers and software applications.
- Reads blueprints and works from sketches, layouts or penciled drawings.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as weights and measure areas and board feet.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Five years experience in three out of the five following trades; carpentry, plumbing, painting, HVAC and electrical trades.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Drivers License and be insurable under University guidelines.
- Pass a pre-employment physical exam, and lift 100 lbs.
- Familiar working with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software, including WebTMA.
Swing shift (Night Crew)
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on March 25, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 05.
The hourly rate for the position is $18.93.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.