Solutions Specialist - Administrative Analyst/Specialist Exempt II
#499421 Solutions Specialist - Administrative Analyst/Specialist Exempt II
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $4,693.00/month and $5,750.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Solutions Specialist reports to the Advancement Services Manager and maintains close working relationships with various ITS teams and campus community. The Specialist performs a variety of general and specific functions of complex nature centering on information services and solutions.
The Specialist's primary responsibility is to maximize benefits for all end-users deriving from the proper use of various applications that interfaces with including but not limited to Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce. The Specialist keeps informed of and utilizes the features and functionality of the supported software applications that includes data imports and exports, global changes, understanding of code structures, administration of user access and security, and production of queries and reports and knowledge of recording donations into the university’s fundraising database.
The Specialist provides documentation, end-user training, coaching and other support to various level of users.
- Provide User Access Management. Establish and maintain employee roles, profiles, responsibilities, and data tables within CRM to ensure systems are operating on up-to-date and accurate data.
- Includes on-boarding new employees, role modification for internal transfers, employee off-boarding, password resets, and ensuring Single-Sign On (SSO) access.
- Manage reports and dashboard access. Create and run specialized reports as requested, and create reports that are used to track and monitor data integrity; import mass changes to the data as necessary to maintain data integrity.
- Provide production support for assigned applications. Troubleshoot existing functionality (i.e. process, configuration, workflows and validation rules) based on documented steps. Meet published SLAs for incidents and problems.
Act as Subject Matter Expert:
- Create new documentation for End User Training based on frequency of Issues logged.
- Troubleshoot AppExchange Apps deployed and evaluate new AppExchange Apps. Create and manage custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, custom workflow, and lead routing rules and approval processes (e.g., new picklist values, new record types, new fields, page layouts, validation rules, workflows, processes flows, triggers, apex code and visual force pages).
- Work with internal and external development team to design and implement innovative solutions with a focus on adhering to standards, best practices and code quality techniques.
- Provide support for application deployment activities. Help with triaging and fixing defects for the planned releases and production, including regression testing of functionality/code.
- Partner with other business and technical teams to understand business needs and translate them into capability and platform roadmaps, then implement according to roadmap. Assist in developing accurate business process design for future enhancements.
- Stay current on CRM integration tools and best practices, releases, new features, product roadmaps, and applications available from 3rd parties.
- Participate in various projects to roll out new functionalities and/or onboard new business units in the usage of supported applications.
- Learn and stay up-to-date on latest application releases and new information technologies.
- Work with Advancement Services Manager/project manager, and/or functional leads to determine training needs.
- Develop training manuals, business process guides, knowledgebase articles and other relevant document as needed.
- Train and coach end-users to be competent in usage of supported applications.
- Elicit and document thorough requirements.
- Perform structured analysis to document current state and future state models.
- Coordinate and participate in testing, including but not limited to writing test scripts, scenarios, use cases, acceptance criteria, and validating for quality of desired functionality.
- Clearly understand and document technology products and tools used by various business units.
- Ensure technology needs of business units are prioritized and fulfilled.
- Problem solve various opportunities using technology.
- Knowledge of business process analysis, training, and support as it relates to applications/systems implementations and upgrades
- Understanding of software application life cycle
- Familiarity with some programming/coding
- Ability to work in highly collaborative environment
- Excellent organization, documentation, and communication skills
- Excellent consultative and customer service skills
- Excellent research and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to provide hands-on training
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education, training, and relevant professional experience.
- Administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience working in Higher Education or non-profit organization
- Experience supporting enterprise applications
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce Applications
- Experience with recording donations into a university’s fundraising database
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit www.csueastbay.edu/jobs and under New Employment Site, please click on Faculty, Staff and Management Employment Opportunities.