Director of Communications
Harvard Graduate School of Education
We are excited to welcome to our team a Director of Communications. As the manager of the Center's communications team, this position will be responsible for overseeing the production of creative communication materials in multiple forms and dissemination strategies in support of the Center's mission. This role will help the Center engage target audiences and support a dynamic learning community that is united by a commitment to achieving breakthroughs in the lives of young children and families facing adversity, with a particular focus on the effects of poverty, racism, and other structural inequities on early development and lifelong health. Building on the Center's widely respected, global platform for clear, effective communication of the science of early childhood development, this position will manage the team that maintains the Center's world-leading position by continuing to innovate and create creative, credible, accurate, and memorable communication products and strategies of the highest quality. Publications, briefs, videos, podcasts, social media, presentations, and more are all a part of our current tool kit: What will be next, and how will it support our work to achieve the Center's vision?
- Reporting to the Chief Knowledge Officer (CKO), manage team of 4-5 responsible for web content, social media, publications, videos, design, and marketing functions, including developing content in support of the Center's other workstreams and service lines. (30%)
- In consultation with CKO and other stakeholders, craft and execute multifaceted communications product development and dissemination strategy in alignment with the Center's Theory of Change
- Create and oversee the implementation of plans to advance and promote the Center's priorities through a variety of platforms
- Manage the Center's end-to-end communication product development and dissemination process (60%)
- Write, delegate, and/or approve creative briefs in consultation with CKO
- Edit drafts at each stage in the process with an eye toward readability and organization; approve layout and design; oversee staff to maintain accuracy and consistency of citations; final edit and sign-off on all significant communications pieces
This is a two year term position with strong possibility of renewal
Minimum 7 years' experience in progressively responsible positions for managing start-to-finish, high-quality communication product development in multiple formats, including video, print, and web. Experience managing staff and budgets, as well as leadership and coordination of multiple complex projects simultaneously.
Applicants wishing to be considered for this position must include a cover letter in addition to their resume and indicate that they meet all of the basic requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.