10018374 Network Administrator
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Network Operations Primary Location: Cochran Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
This position is primarily responsible for network administration at the Cochran, Dublin, and Eastman campuses. This position is also responsible for basic server management including but not limited to Microsoft Server 2019. This position will serve as MGA’s backup administrator for Microsoft 365, Microsoft ADFS, Microsoft Hyper-V and Veeam Backup administrator. This position reports to the Director of Network Administration. The primary location for this position is at the Cochran campus.
- Installs, configures, documents, manages, and supports network hardware, applications, and services.
- Implements network security best practices.
- Monitors the network to ensure optimal performance.
- Troubleshoots and repairs wired network issues or problems.
- Provides new network access to faculty, staff and dormitories.
- Updates and maintains network equipment as needed.
- Configures switches, UPS, and other network or network monitoring devices.
- Documents and maintains inventory for all networking and server equipment.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Provides support for and maintains the University’s Microsoft 365 tenant.
- Provides support for and maintains the University’s Microsoft Active Directory Federated Services
- Provides support for and maintains the University’s Microsoft Hyper-V systems
- Provides support for and maintains the University’s Veeam Backup systems
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of networking principles and practices.
- Knowledge of server and computer installation, maintenance, and operation principles.
- Knowledge of end-user, network administration and network security administration equipment.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The Director of Network Administration assigns work in terms of department goals and objectives. The supervisor reviews work through conferences, reports, and observation of department activities.
Guidelines include University policies and procedures, University System of Georgia policies and procedures (IT Handbook), USG and University cybersecurity policies and standards, and federal and state technology-related laws (FERPA, HIPPA, PCI, GLBA, etc.). These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of varied network administration duties. Technical innovations and the changing computing habits of end-users contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to administer the university’s data network. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of a variety of university operations.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, faculty, staff, students, vendors, consultants, representatives of other colleges and universities, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, or stooping.
- The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Sufficient experience to understand the advanced principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with having had a similar position for no less than one year.
- This position is exempt (monthly paid).
- Salary grade 21.
Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018374 Network Administrator 3.16.2021”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D