Director of E-Commerce and Business Operations
Job no: 492484
Work type: Full-time
Location: St. Louis, MO
Categories: Administrative & Support, Management & Leadership, Student Life
Posting DetailsJob Summary/Basic Function
At Maryville University, we power dreams, not just degrees. Our vision is to be the innovative leader in higher education promoting a revolution in student learning that expands access and opportunities for all.
Maryville is searching for an energetic, innovative, and forward-thinking Director of E-Commerce and Business Operations to join its dynamic Student Life team. The successful candidate will have a passion for working collaboratively in a fast-paced, innovative, student-centered environment. The Director of E-Commerce and Business Operations provides leadership, strategic direction, and financial oversight for their department. Ensures that services provide broad and robust user experience in meeting a student-centered mission, diversified product offerings, and strong fiscal management with a focus on E-Commerce and digital transformation. This position is responsible for accurate financial accounting, asset management, budgeting and related processes for services, including the MStore, E-commerce Operations, Course Materials, Dining Operations, Copy and Mail Services, and Vending Services (including student laundry). The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a welcoming environment for a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
• Organize, direct and control the operation of the University MStore, including eCommerce operations, Course Materials, Vending Operations, Dining Operations (Louie’s, Starbucks, Dining Hall), CStore, Purchasing, and Mail and Document Services.
• Manage inventory control, including counts and valuations.
• Serve as University liaison with (contract) Dining Services Director and Mail and Document Services.
• Deliver an innovative and engaging UX experience in all operations.
• Optimize the digital consumer experience working in partnership with other departments.
• Develop strategic direction, recommend and implement changes that improve operations and services, including moving the University MStore forward as student needs change and the field changes to meet those needs.
• Solicit quotations and purchase goods and services as required consistent with established University policies.
• Confer with departments regarding requirements, specifications, quantity, and quality of merchandise and delivery requirements, recommending alternatives when a savings in cost or improved delivery will result.
• Develop and maintain a budget and establish annual revenue/net income goals for revenue generation of operations.
• Train, manage, and supervise staff.
• Research, develop, and submit RFPs.
• Bachelor's degree in applicable field; eight or more years of professional and management experience in related area
• Demonstrated experience managing multi-phased, highly complex information technology projects
• Experience leading projects with cross-functional diverse teams (IT and stakeholders) including vendors
• Experience using project management tools such as Microsoft Project or similar
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate succinctly and effectively across all levels of the organization
• Ability to drive consensus and decision-making amid competing priorities and limited data
• Experience developing and deploying project management best practices, procedures, and processes
• PMI (Project Management Institute) certified PMP (preferred)
• Experience in higher educationPhysical Demands
Open Until Filled
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: March 16, 2021
Applications close: Open until filled