Graduate Admissions Counselor
Department:: Graduate Admissions
Locations:: Springfield, MA
Posted:: Mar 17, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: 2794
Position ID:: 129166
About American International College:
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has approximately 3200 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
- Counsels prospective students on the enrollment process and graduate opportunities at AIC; including but not limited to identifying, recruiting and enrolling students.
- Plans, implements and presents at AIC graduate recruiting activities including but not limited to information sessions and open houses.
- Works collaboratively with the graduate admissions director and graduate program directors to ensure strategic objectives are reached.
- Attends college fairs as a representative of AIC.
- Serves as the primary contact for prospective graduate students communicating by phone and mail; including mandatory weekly call requirements.
- Create communication pieces according to the Graduate Admissions Communication plan. Prepare communications pieces for review with supervisor and implement them into the admissions CRM System. Will maintain proper maintenance of all admissions communications.
- Aids in the initial file review for all completed applicants, making admissions recommendations for program admission. Consults with program directors for formal admission into all education programs.
- Aids in the maintenance of the admission CRM, pulling reports and making updates as necessary to support the department and the College as a whole.
- Responds to requests for information and provides assistance in solving a variety of problems of ordinary difficulty, based on knowledge of the procedures, practices and past experience.
- Is responsible for responding to program inquires with the ability to provide high level customer service and professionalism. Basic knowledge of the all programs is expected.
- Develops meaningful relationships with on and off-campus constituents to ensure successful student experiences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred Degree(s): 1-2 Years of pertinent admissions experience preferred. Master's degree preferred
- Required Licensure(s): Valid Insurable Driver's License
- 1-2 years of related experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of administrative specialty required by department to be served, and ability to independently resolve problems of ordinary difficulty.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Literacy with Microsoft computer software and ability to learn new programs.
- Strong interest in working in a team based environment.
- Bilingual preferred, in both English and Spanish
This is a full time, exempt level, benefit eligible position. Normal office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., flexible to the needs of the department. Travel (approximately 30% of time) as well as evening and weekend event work required.
AIC reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualified applicants should save and submit the following documents with the online application.
- Brief cover letter
- Current resume
- Contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor)
Review of applications will continue until the position has been filled.