Assistant Professor of Art Printmaking/Painting (Tenure-Track) Fall 2021
Job Title: Assistant Professor of Art Printmaking/Painting (Tenure-Track) Fall 2021
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 224982
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
Join a vibrant campus community whose excellence is reflected in its diversity and student success. The NASAD-accredited Department of Visual Arts at the University of North Georgia invites applications for the full-time tenure-track position of Assistant Professor to teach undergraduate level courses on the Dahlonega campus.Responsibilities
- Teach Beginning through Advanced levels of Printmaking, as well as Painting (including human figure, still-life, and landscape). The normal teaching load is three studio classes per semester.
- Teaching a class in Summer is possible, but not required.
- Expected to maintain the printmaking and painting studios, including oversight of equipment and safety standards; teach a class schedule that meets the needs of the institution; assist with development and assessment of programs and curricula congruent with the mission of the Department and University; practice developmental advising; engage in scholarship and creative activities; and provide service to the Department, University, and community.
- MFA or equivalent in Visual Art
- College/university-level teaching experience
- Expertise in a wide range of Printmaking methods (relief, intaglio, lithography, screen printing, letter press, etc.), as well as proficiency in Drawing and Painting.
- Must have a commitment to excellence in teaching and learning, and an understanding of and commitment to the implementation of diverse pedagogical techniques, including the integration of instructional technology, research and service-learning into the teaching/learning environment.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcripts, and teaching philosophy statement
- Curriculum vitae should include a hyperlink to a digital portfolio that includes both professional and student work
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
- Please submit contact information for three professional references.