Faculty Support Manager
Law InstructionDepartment Website Link:Location:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The James E. Rogers College of Law is seeking to fill the position of Faculty Support Manager. This position will manage and oversee the daily and long-term operations of the Faculty Support Department, providing support to at least 60 College of Law faculty members and Professors of Practice, and provides administrative and strategic support to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs. The Faculty Support Manager will frequently interact with direct and indirect management, external contacts and other work groups, and coordinate efforts with other departments for optimal efficiency. This position will act as a point of contact for many individuals in the organization and externally, including students, staff, full-time faculty, and part-time faculty.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more! The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
Coursework and Exam Support:
- Process and coordinate textbook orders for all Law courses and coordinate with bookstore to ensure availability.
- Assist with faculty course packets and other course readings.
- Oversee and manage all details of the operations of midterm and final exams.
- Proofread midterm exams, final exams, and other course assignments.
- Format exams for the exam software and/or D2L.
- Work with students who seek to review past exams.
Faculty Affairs Support:
- Provide and supervise administrative support to Associate Dean of Academic Affairs.
- Coordinate and assist Promotion & Tenure committees process, including preparing annual dossiers for faculty members under review. Coordinate with Dean's office on any follow up questions from Vice Provost's office related to dossier submissions.
- Attend monthly Faculty Affairs meeting run by Vice Provost Romero. Respond to periodic requests from Vice Provost's office regarding the College's scheduled promotion and tenure candidates.
- Initiate and assist faculty with annual review reporting system, UA Vitae.
- Provide administrative support for monthly faculty meetings.
- Manage and provide administrative support for several faculty committees.
- Manage and provide administrative support for faculty recruitment efforts, including organizing visit itineraries, schedule travel, lodging, and reimbursement for candidates.
- Manage and submit letters of recommendation from faculty members, coordinating with students seeking recommendation letters.
Faculty Research Support:
- Provide and supervise administrative support to at least 60 College of Law faculty and part-time Professors of Practice.
- Proof articles and manuscripts for faculty.
- Assist faculty with online submissions of articles.
- Provide administrative support for faculty enrichment events, including working with visiting scholars presenting at the College of Law.
- Assist faculty with reimbursement requests for travel to academic conferences and workshops, book purchases, and other research activities.
Other Administrative Support:
- Arrange various meetings for faculty and students that often include catering, room and parking reservations.
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Distribute mail.
- Maintain electronic files in coordination with Dean's office
Other duties as assignedMinimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Organizational AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
8Career Stream and Level:
Administrative SupportJob Function:
Organizational AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Associate Dean, Academic Affairs
Email: [email protected]
3/15/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
In addition to resume and cover letter, please include the contact information for 3 references.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.