Instructional Designer III, Bioethics (College of Medicine-Phoenix)
COM Phx Bioethics Med HumanismDepartment Website Link:
Greater Phoenix AreaAddress:
435 N. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 USAPosition Highlights:
Provides course design consultation to instructional staff and graduate students. Designs courses and workshops for face-to-face, on-line, and hybrid delivery. May also provide course support and assistance.
Facilitates learning through instructional design, curriculum implementation, technology application, and teaching and learning assessment. Creates materials and programs to support and evaluate academic and program objectives, course design and delivery.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenixanchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of theSun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplaryphysicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitivescholars. We embrace professionalism, innovation and collaboration to optimizehealth and health care for all. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies theUniversity’s priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy inits world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilitiesthroughout Greater Phoenix. The campus also houses the UA Colleges of PublicHealth, Pharmacy, and Nursing, as well as Northern Arizona University’s Collegeof Health and Human Services, the Translational Genomics Research Institute(TGen) and the International Genomics Consortium.
Outstanding UAbenefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance anddisability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAUtuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; stateretirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for ourinnovative work-life programs. For more information about working at theUniversity of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the mapping of curriculum to on-line activities and assessments.
- Assist with the mapping of curriculum to flipped and micro-campus activities and assessments.
- Establish interaction between students and the course content, their instructor and their fellow students.
- Assist faculty and instructors to ensure culturally competent curriculum.
- Align design work to relevant research and proven best practices.
Leadership and Teamwork:
- Leverage strong interpersonal skills and the ability to project manage.
- Assist in developing and implementing a well-defined instructional design practice that establishes faculty as the drivers of the design process.
- Lead with collegiality and an enthusiasm for collaborating with a diverse group of stakeholders (faculty, fellow instructional designers, graphic designers, and videographers).
- Work in a team to provide support and expertise to faculty, instructors and support staff across health sciences.
- Design and build interactive learning objects.
- Create learning environments using a learning management system.
- Assess and implement authoring tools, apps and other emerging technology.
- Help to introduce global and partner faculty to resources and learning management systems as needed or as appropriate.
- Develop interactive learning objects using authoring tools, select video and multimedia, and assist in media production by coaching and script editing.
- Instruct individual faculty on the methods and practices for maintaining course technology.
- Attend regular meetings with instructional design team members across Health Sciences.
- Coordinate with global and online staff within and across Health Sciences and colleges.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is typically required.
• 2 years experience working directly with college faculty in the development of online courses.
• Expertise and knowledge of designing fully-online learning environments.
• Experience implementing systematic instructional design processes for online and flipped learning environments.
• Experience with Course/Learning Management Systems.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a highly-collaborative team environment.
• Exceptional project management skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines within a faculty driven instructional design process.
• Working knowledge of authoring tools (Storyline, Captivate) for the creation of interactive learning objects.
• Experience with international/global academic programs.
• Experience with project-based learning, and adaptive learning.
• Ability to assess and implement cutting-edge technology to support curricular outcomes.
• Experience with the Desire2Learn (D2L) LMS.
• Knowledge of best practices for accessibility, copyright/intellectual property, and universal design for learning.
• Experience with Quality Matters and the OLC Quality Scorecard.
• Background in health sciences or a related academic discipline.
• Familiarity with graphic design.
The Ideal candidate will also have the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge in mapping of curriculum to online and flipped activities and assessments.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
• Ability to design and build interactive learning objects using a variety of authoring software (Storyline, Captivate, etc.).
• Ability to create learning environments using a learning management system.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Instructional and Assessment ServicesBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$47,048 - $65,344 Annually, Depending on ExperienceCompensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
8Career Stream and Level:
Instructional Design & SupportJob Function:
Instruct & Assessment ServicesType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
5/3/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
3/15/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
The University of Arizona has currently adopted a remote working environment in accordance with guidelines recommended by the CDC. Until further notice, interviews for this position will be conducted remotely.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.