Title: Specialist, PA Task Force Grants
Job no: 492716
Location: Off Campus
Hiring Range: $46,329 - $57,911
Job Summary: This position oversees the financial and record-keeping aspects of the annual grant process for all grants received by the
Pennsylvania Task Force 1, (PA-TF1) Urban Search & Rescue team at the team's special operations center in Philadelphia, Pa.
The position works closely with PA-TF1 program management staff and senior leaders to ensure accurate financial reporting
and procedural compliance on all grants.
This position will be based at the team's special operations center in Philadelphia, Pa.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience, or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Hiring Range: $46,329 - $57,911
Proficiency with Microsoft Office required (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
Experience with Quick Books, PARS, SAM desired
Experience with federal OMB (Office of Management and Budget) circulars
Knowledge of federal and/or state grant procedures preferred.
Job Specific Task List:
- Works under the direction of the Pennsylvania Task Force 1 (PA-TF1) Program Manager & assists the PA-TF1 Grants Manager with administration of the Federal Emergency Management Agency Grant and Cooperative Agreement (CA) and Response Agreement (RA) for PA-TF1. - (Essential)
- Assists with the management, coordination, and monitoring of related budget(s), accounting, compliance, and requirements related to the activity and status of the FEMA USAR Cooperative Agreement (CA). - (Essential)
- Works with Program staff to develop and maintain all grant agreements and Memorandum of Agreements (MOA's) pertaining to grant awards & Participating Agencies. - (Essential)
- Under the supervision of the Grants Manager; assists with forecasting budget expenditures and analyzes trends in allocation of funds. Liaises with the Program Management Staff and FEMA to ensure reimbursements are accounted properly and assists in the preparation of Task Force reimbursements. - (Essential)
- Under the supervision of the Grants Manager; assists with maintaining grant awards and project number filing systems to track CA expenditures and provides quarterly financial reports to the USAR Program Manager. - (Essential)
- Under the supervision of the Grants Manager Grants Manager; interprets grant and CA requirements, policies, procedures, and guidelines; conducts periodic reviews of administration procedures; and recommends improvements. - (Essential)
- Under the supervision of the Grants Manager; communicates updated compliance goals and objectives of the CA to the Program Management Staff. Aids Grants Manager to ensure quarterly, semi-annual, and closeout of grant and CA expenditure reports to FEMA are delivered properly. - (Essential)
- Reviews and assists Grants Manager with submission of federal forms and related reports to ensure completeness and accuracy of the USAR Cooperative Agreement. - (Essential)
- Performs administrative support functions to ensure Cooperative and Response Agreement(s) are administered according to FEMA specifications. - (Essential)
- Under the supervision of the Grants Manager; provides expert advice on grant compliance and interpretation of OMB Circulars and all applicable regulations, policies and procedures. Interpret applicable regulations and translate into operational policies as required. - (Essential)
- Provide on-going training to program and finance staff as it relates to grant administration and organizational policies - (Essential)
- Under the supervision of the Grants Manager; manages the invoicing and track the expenses for the federal grant portfolio. - (Essential)
- Process procurement requests and submissions. - (Essential)
- Compiles data and processes reimbursement requests - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Mar 15, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time