Digital Marketing Manager
The Advancement operation provides the management and coordination of the back office functions to support the campus-based fundraising field staff. These include research, marketing and communications, gift processing, database management, estate gift planning, and other services. These central services produce economies of scale by eliminating the need for these back office functions to be duplicated on each of the four campuses. They also place the institution in an optimal position to attract substantial support from the philanthropic sector.
The Digital Marketing Manager serves primarily as a digital marketer and a manager of email communications for the University of Colorado Office of Advancement and its partners throughout the university (all four campuses, CU system and the CU Foundation). This position collaborates with key partners on the planning, execution and analysis of digital marketing and engagement efforts, primarily through the university’s Salesforce-based eComm platform and Advancement’s future Salesforce platform. This position also provides excellent customer service as frontline support for Advancement’s eComm users. Together with the rest of the team, this position helps to bring Advancement’s marketing initiatives to life across all digital channels, including CU’s online giving applications and engagement platforms.A successful candidate will possess an innate aptitude for self-learning and thrive in a role that provides a high level of autonomy. With direct guidance from the Director, they will gain a breadth of experience working on cutting-edge marketing technology and will be given a large amount of freedom to develop and implement their own ideas and solutions.This position will be remote, and so successful candidates will also be comfortable with and capable of collaborating and completing all assigned work outside of a traditional office environment. While some flexibility may be allowed, they also must generally be available and working during the university’s regular hours of operation, which are Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm MST/MDT.This position reports to the Director of Digital Engagement and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff SystemDuties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a digital marketing manager and lead strategist for Advancement campaigns, working with partners to improve, optimize and promote their digital marketing efforts
- Serve as Manager of eCommunications (MEC) for Advancement, providing customer service, technical support and training to 40+ users of the eComm platform (Salesforce, Marketing Cloud and CVent) across the CU system, CU Foundation and all four campuses.
- Collaborate with the Digital Engagement team and its partners on systems integrations and the implementation of advanced features for testing, segmentation, personalization, marketing automation and marketing intelligence.
- Plan, build and launch mass email campaigns using advanced content building and automation features, including journeys, dynamic content, personalization, automations, and custom code.
- Plan, build and launch online event registration sites for complex stewardship and fundraising events and provide support to Advancement users who build and manage their own.
- Establish goals, KPIs and success metrics for key campaigns, and use data and analytics to assess performance, develop reports for stakeholders and inform future efforts.
- Work closely with the Director of Digital Engagement, the team’s developers, and its stakeholders to translate business needs into requirements and manage execution of Digital Engagement projects.
- Support testing, documentation, and maintenance of digital marketing applications and tools, including developing new processes, identifying and solving issues, and creating technical and user support documentation.
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
To be successful in this position a candidate will need the following:
- Knowledge of digital marketing and email communication strategy and best practices.
- Knowledge of advanced marketing techniques, including dynamic content, personalization and marketing automation.
- Working knowledge of basic HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of relevant privacy regulations, including CAN-SPAM, GDRP and CCPA.
- Effective written and oral communication skills and interpersonal/customer-relations skill.
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills and ability to think “outside the box”.
- Ability to provide user support in the execution of digital marketing initiatives and troubleshoot technical and functional issues.
- Ability to use Salesforce or similar CRM and its integrated marketing applications.
- Ability to work with and support the use of complex data in the execution and analysis of digital marketing initiatives.
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients, partners, and vendors to interpret and evaluate user requirements and develop effective solutions.
- Ability to plan and manage projects and tasks to ensure deliverables are on time.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and manage frequent requests from all levels of users, each having their own timelines and constraints.
- Excellent judgement and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work in an agile, small-team environment and taking independent initiative when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or equivalent professional experience (professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis)
- Three (3) years’ experience in digital marketing and communications, including:
- Mass email marketing
- Campaign and project management
- Marketing data analysis and reporting
- Experience using a Customer Relations Management (CRM) platform (e.g. Salesforce)
- Experience using a digital marketing platform (e.g. Marketing Cloud, Pardot, HubSpot, Constant Contact)
- Five (5) years’ experience in digital marketing, as indicated above
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience using Marketing Cloud
- Experience implementing marketing automation
- Experience working on omnichannel campaigns that include social media, text messaging, pay-per-click advertising and/or SEO optimization
- Experience work on websites and technology projects in collaboration with technical teams
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Mar 16, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing