Associate Director of Operations Systems
What We’re Looking For
The Associate Director of Operations Systems provides vision, leadership, and management of technology systems to support the mission and goals of the Student Financial Accounts Office. The position oversees the operations of the student accounting processes such as tuition and fee rates, billing, payment plans, student database, and management of the payment platform. The impact of this position extends to the University’s institutional revenue.
The Associate Director of Operations Systems directly reports to the Director of Student Financial Accounts and leads a team of Systems Analysts. This position oversees the technical operations of the Student Financial Accounts Office and will also play a role as a liaison with the ITS department and senior enrollment leaders.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and three years of relevant experience are required. A Master’s Degree (MIS, Computer Sciences, or related field) and five years are preferred.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills.
- Strong technical and analytical skills as it relates to the maintenance of a financial/payment platform.
- Intermediate/Expert Knowledge of SQL programming language.
- Ability to Analyze and streamline complex processes.
- Demonstrate self-direction and motivation to achieve personal and departmental goals.
- Contributes ideas, input, and support to initiatives within Student Financial Accounts.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Preference will be given to those with experience working in Banner.
What You Will Do
- Oversee, evaluate, and provide work direction to the Student Financial Account Analysts, which includes the operation of student accounting processes, tuition and fee rates, billings, payment plans, and accuracy of the student database, and maintenance of payment platform.
- Assess the technological needs of the Student Financial Accounts Office and identify and implement strategic technological and process improvements.
- Serves as the office liaison with the ITS department, manages operational updates and upgrades to student information software, and implements needed changes.
- Analyzes student accounts and develops or oversees the development of needed reports/processes.
- Works collaboratively with senior enrollment leaders and EM Systems and Technology to provide input to the development and implementation of campus-wide initiatives and collaborations affecting the enrollment of both new and continuing students.
- Perform other tasks as directed by Associate Director of Cashier’s Systems or Director of Student Financial Accounts.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and at least three references to the job posting link.
The Baylor Experience
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions*, they also get to experience Baylor.
- Experience the culture of working for an institution consistently ranked as a “Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment www.baylor.edu.about)
- Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for staff and qualified dependents*
- Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Baylor marina to name a few
- Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
- Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
- Experience Baylor through many more wonderful events and programs that take place on campus each year
*For more details and eligibility requirements, please visit www.baylor.edu/hr
Learn more about great opportunities to connect and be a part of our local community in Baylor’s Waco Culture Guide!
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For.” Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 16,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting staff who support our mission as we pursue our bold vision, Illuminate.
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.