Assistant Chief of Police/Captain, #33579
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, nestled in the heart of growing St. Charles County. Established in 1986, SCC is a public, comprehensive two-year community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs in the arts, business, sciences and career-technical fields. SCC also provides workforce training and community-based personal and professional development as well as cultural, recreational and entertainment opportunities.
We are seeking a full-time Assistant Chief of Police/Police Captain who is responsible for the safety and security of all persons and property at the College. The Assistant Chief of Police/Police Captain performs normal supervisory functions, explains and enforces College policies, public safety/police department policies, and emergency preparedness procedures and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Chief of Police in the overall management of the Department of Public Safety, Campus Police Department as directed by the Chief of Police.
- Ensure that all facets of Public Safety & Campus Policing are being carried out in accordance to Board policies and any federal, state, and local laws and statues.
- Schedule shifts for all public safety and police personnel, monitor time sheets and overtime, and maintain all shift records.
- Perform normal supervisory functions: trains, instructs, and assigns work to public safety personnel, which includes daily routines as well as special requests. Will make recommendations to the Chief of Police on transfers, promotions, wage increases, disciplinary procedures and terminations.
- Maintain logs and summary information to compile reports as required. Ensure that the college is in compliance with the Clery Act and all crime reporting to the state and federal government.
- Monitor and report violations of College policies or regulations; communicate with local law enforcement agencies as required.
- Serve as a member of the Campus Assessment, Response, and Encouragement (CARE) Team
- Serve as a member and subject matter expert (and chair as required) the Campus Safety and Security Committee.
- Develop coordinate training programs, which will uphold College and Department Policies and Procedures and implements these programs to ensure the Safety and Security of all persons and property at the College.
- Develop training for public safety and police personnel and ensure that all meet Missouri State licensing requirements.
- Facilitate the training of college employees in aspects of emergency preparedness and safety.
- Use law enforcement and security related equipment such as video surveillance, two-way radios, and all emergency equipment. Be directly involved with the fire alarm system, burglar alarms and panic alarms as well as other safety and protective equipment. Ensure that all mass notification systems (Omnilert, InformaCast, etc.) are fully functional.
- Make sure established procedures are followed when responding to emergencies and contact other emergency agencies as necessary. Provide assistance in the event of an emergency or natural disaster; provide first aid assistance as needed for students, staff, faculty and visitors.
- Monitors and reports the removal of College property by unauthorized individuals; prepare appropriate reports.
- Complete all necessary paperwork associated with grants and compliances. Maintain the department's standard operating procedures and coordinate all required accreditations.
- Minimum ten years relevant full time experience as a law enforcement officer with at least 5 years in a supervisory position with preference to experience at the rank of Lieutenant or above.
- Missouri POST, Class A Peace Officer License with authorization to carry a firearm.
- A Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice Administration or related field required, Master's Degree preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to read, write reports, and maintain logs.
- Knowledge of public safety techniques; ability to work with the public, make sound decisions, and take appropriate action quickly; ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, faculty, staff and visitors to the campus.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.