15-Mar-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA ContractEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor of Social Work in the College of Arts and Sciences.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
This position is a tenure-track, full-time, 10-month academic year Assistant/Associate Professor position available in the Department of Behavioral & Social Sciences. This position will teach in the undergraduate social work program, have the opportunity to conduct research, and to work collaboratively with colleagues and students in a creative inclusive learning environment.
- Teaching four courses each semester including fully online, face to face, and courses supervising learning service experiences.
- Academic advising of majors.
- Serving on departmental, school and college committees.
- Assisting in the accreditation and growth of the social work program.
- Pursue external sources of funding for research.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Department Chair or designee.
- Two years of college teaching experience.
- Two years of practice experience.
- Licensed in clinical social work or license eligible.
- Familiarity with CSWE Standards and the accreditation process.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Ability to mentor undergraduate and graduate students as they pursue academic research.
- An eagerness to engage with colleagues, staff and administrators to develop ways to improve the educational experience of students.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated capacity and interest for collaborative teaching.
- Experience working with students from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Current knowledge of academic assessment practices.
Application packet must include a letter of application that addresses the applicant's interest, relevant experience and qualifications of the position; a curriculum vita; names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least five professional references. (References will not be contacted without consent from applicant); Additional information will be requested upon receipt of application. All materials must be uploaded on the HR website at https://fvsu.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Fort Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or marital or veteran status.Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com