Category:: Staff and Administrators
Department:: 4221 (GEOG-Geography)
Locations:: Worcester, MA
Posted:: Mar 12, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-time - Non Exempt
Ref. No.:: 199576
Position ID:: 129028
About Clark University:
Founded in 1887, Clark was one of the first all-graduate institutions in the United States. Today the University is a highly-ranked, student-centered institution educating approximately 2,350 undergraduate and 1,150 graduate students to be imaginative and contributing citizens of the world and to advance the frontiers of knowledge and understanding through rigorous scholarship and creative effort. This commitment to scholarship and inquiry reflects the University's commitment to "challenge convention and change our world" and to address issues of critical importance to society. It is also reflected by Clark's many national and international distinctions, including recognition for its diversity and inclusion efforts, innovation, community engagement and impact, as a top green campus, and for having a distinguished geography and international development program. Clark has also been included in the groundbreaking Colleges that Change Lives guide since it was first published in 1996.
Clark is located in Worcester, Massachusetts, a dynamic, diverse city "on the rise." The second largest city in New England, Worcester is home to 11 institutions of higher learning and is increasingly recognized for its growing healthcare and biotechnology communities, its thriving cultural scene, and as a vibrant food hub
Management of Main Office
- Main point of contact for the department.
- Department/course: purchase, reimbursements, funding requests, office assistance, computer access, and room and transportation reservations.
- Help maintain department archives and files.
- Keep student payroll, operating, office supply, and event expenses within budget.
- Manage department keys and alarm codes.
- Oversee & process course and TA evaluations and keep archives.
- Maintain printer/media equipment, software, computer, and other asset management.
- Maintain general department webpage updates, incl. faculty bios.
- Check Geography email regularly and answers or otherwise processes emails.
- Manage student workers and GIS Help Desk students (hire, train and supervise).
Assists with Department meetings and events
- Department event coordination/planning and announcements.
- Assist Program Administrator with departmental programming and events as needed.
- Assist Atwood and Colloquium Speaker Series Committee with event coordination and planning.
- Departmental meeting minutes.
Provides staff support to Geography faculty and other staff
- Faculty Assistance including, but not limited to:
- Room and van reservations
- Media equipment reservations & setup
- General/travel booking and reimbursements
- Assist Department Administrator with faculty searches, COP cases, Facilities projects, and day-to-day operations/trouble-shooting.
- Upload the UWTE data to faculty FARs in eFolio.
- Manage and maintain department courses and overview pages in course catalogue and Acalog.
- Working with Dept. Administrator & registrar's office to plan and schedule courses each semester.
- Working with registrar and faculty on room requests and lab needs for courses.
- Assist Dept. Administrator with TA assignment letters.
- Assist with additional tasks when other staff are out or positions are open.
- Bachelor's degree, preferred.
- 1-3 years related experience, prior experience in an academic setting and events planning, preferred
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills, required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, time management, problem solving, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, collaboratively, and across teams with a focus on service.
- Solid computer and record keeping abilities with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database management, especially skilled in Excel.
- Prior experience working with and contributing to a diverse workplace with the ability to interact with a broad range of constituents on campus.
This is a Full-time position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks' vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
To be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a Clark University Careers Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
- Cover letter
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Already have a Clark University Careers Account? Login to your account to add documents or update your account.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.