Team Coordinator IV, Student Records
The Team Coordinator, IV performs a wide variety of administrative duties to support student enrollment services and the Student Records Office. Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced office environment with accuracy and attention to detail are required. Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Banner INB Student Module preferred.Examples of Duties
- Provides exemplary customer service to all inquiries and follow up communications (in-person, telephone, email, print) with a strong knowledge of college policies and enrollment procedures.
- Processes a variety of documents, forms, reports, report validation, mail merge, electronic calendars, web page updates, digital forms and communications for student records.
- Provides oversight to the records room in the storage of student records and official documents and is responsible for maintaining the management of confidential student records, ensuring the integrity of academic records, maintaining compliance with FERPA, and other college policies, state, and federal regulations.
- Processes all student records processes, including, but not limited to the following functions: processing all types of student transcripts, registration, enrollment verification, charge backs, withdrawals, schedule changes, scanning and linking, mail return processes, address verification processes, student file creation, purging and corresponding records management, report verifications.
- Executes processes such as updating graduation legacy binders and scanning and indexing of archival student educational records to maintain compliance.
- Supports on/off campus registration activities, and provides support to large campus wide enrollment events.
- Provides support and assistance with testing Banner functionality for upgrades, patches and new software functionality.
- Provides back-up support for entering and processing Banner Prospects in INB as needed.
- Participates in professional development activities.
- Provides oversight to the new 3+1 Registration processes, which includes, any trouble shooting, FERPA documentation for RU/RCGC to allow the exchange of FERPA protected information, major changes and confirmation of attribute/cohort confirmation to ensure consistent coding of students and reporting to the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Provides oversight to transcript processing for all specific Rowan University programs, such as Rowan Choice and 3+1 programs and associated data tracking.
- Tracks and reports generation for order of diplomas and verification of awards working to include resolving problems.
- Assists in large Banner projects during the academic year, such as system changes with course pre-requisites, which are labor intensive and require strong system knowledge and expertise.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in a related professional office environment required. Prior experience in higher ed or educational setting preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Banner Student module.
- Highly proficient in accurate data entry and the use of Microsoft Office 2010 procedures and software and other applicable computer software, such as EDI, BDM.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with discretion, maintain confidentiality, and exercise sound independent judgment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with varied hours, including nights and weekends, to meet department and College needs
- Possess the ability to work well and communicate effectively with prospective and current students, staff, faculty, administration, and colleagues and community partners
- Demonstrated cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff and a commitment to a student-centered environment
Physical activity of the position:
- Repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers such as picking, pinching, typing
- Sedentary work- exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.